85 Dolphin Without Air Conditioner

turiyahill

what kind of engine does it have. just because it says 85 dolphine doesn;t mean it has a 22re engine sometimes it is built on 84 chasis. you can get the parts pretty inexpensively. evaporator fan clutch, condensor and tubeing. parts used 150 bucks or new 400 bucks. labor 300 to 500 dollars. good luck

• 9 months later...

We've got an 87 Phin in Phoenix, and are ramping up for a trip north for a month. We just met a guy working a garage sale around here, who sold us a cover for our AC unit. He said to be careful in really dry, hot, sunny climates like this, because the plastic on the AC unit will dry up and break off. He mentioned that he sees the tops of them lining the highways from when they fly off.

We mentioned that we were looking into the Honda eu2000i generator and he wasn't sure that it would give off enough juice to start and then run the ac unit on the roof. Has anyone used this 2000w generator to run roof AC? We like the Honda, because it meets national park standards for noise level, and seems to be the only one that does. We'll have our dog with us, and we're not sure about hanging out in the heat without cold air.

Thanks, any thoughts?

We've got an 87 Phin in Phoenix, and are ramping up for a trip north for a month. We just met a guy working a garage sale around here, who sold us a cover for our AC unit. He said to be careful in really dry, hot, sunny climates like this, because the plastic on the AC unit will dry up and break off. He mentioned that he sees the tops of them lining the highways from when they fly off.

We mentioned that we were looking into the Honda eu2000i generator and he wasn't sure that it would give off enough juice to start and then run the ac unit on the roof. Has anyone used this 2000w generator to run roof AC? We like the Honda, because it meets national park standards for noise level, and seems to be the only one that does. We'll have our dog with us, and we're not sure about hanging out in the heat without cold air.

Thanks, any thoughts?

The Honda generators are pretty pricey so you want to be sure. 2,000 should do it but why not take your MH to the generator dealer and plug it in and see if it will do the trick. Like it or not you are running the charger/converter at the same time so turn on a few lights too. The UV from the sun kills all the plastic on the roof eventually.

i tgot a thought, get yourself a swamp cooler much cheaper and way less power required, i have 120 watts of solar panels and it runs off the sun in the day time without using the battery!

For you lucky guys out there where it's dry swamp coolers work great us poor guys on the right coast have to use A/C because it's too humid. I live in Maine and when the weather is nice I don't need A/C but when that nasty weather comes up from the south it's hot and humid! I don't have A/C in the house so when it gets yucky I go out and sleep in the MH!