Any women - single or primary owner/driver out there?

KathyF

Just curious... I'm getting close to buying, but it would be mine primarily, with my husband sometimes using/working on/etc. it. I'm not "smart" mechanically but am smart in general so could learn at least some stuff. Am wondering if I'm biting off too much to chew, but I have this fantasy of taking off for a night or two or more by myself and going to the redwoods or the beach. Any others of the female persuasion doing that? How is it for you?

Thanks,

Kathy

Just curious... I'm getting close to buying, but it would be mine primarily, with my husband sometimes using/working on/etc. it. I'm not "smart" mechanically but am smart in general so could learn at least some stuff. Am wondering if I'm biting off too much to chew, but I have this fantasy of taking off for a night or two or more by myself and going to the redwoods or the beach. Any others of the female persuasion doing that? How is it for you?

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathy.

Sadie is my motorhome. (My husband has his Harley.) My primary reason for purchasing the little motorhome was "independence". I play Irish music and sometimes travel out of state to gigs and works shops. Hotels are okay, but to be able to travel with your own bed.....very cool. (I write a little about my trip to Midlothian,Texas last Fall in one of my past posts.)

I've only had her about a year, but I've been able to redo the inside and make several mechanical repairs just by doing some research, asking a few questions, and jumping in with both feet. Get the Haynes guide for your year of Toyota truck, and a copy of Bob Livingston's RV Maintainence and Repair Guide, and keep reading past posts from this forum. (Don't be afraid to ask questions.) Start by taking short trips and take notes.....keep a journal.....or just post your travel stories here. I've actually got several Sadie stories, if you want to read them. (Click on the arrow by my name up in the left corner, there's a dropdown field. Click on View Member's Topics, and start from the bottom of the list.)

Owning your own motorhome home is amazing!!!! You won't be sorry!!

Best wishes,

shanda

Hi Kathy,

I joined this web site in May 09, and this is my first response so I hope it goes through. First let me say this is a great site and you can learn a lot about these great little RV's. I bought a 1989 18' V6 Sunrader in April. Just finish doing all new curtains for it and made new covers for the dinette area in back. Next project is making covers for front seats to match. After I get the inside done, will be taking to the mechanic I have, to do a couple of things on it, but it seems strong and drives well so I am happy with that so far.

All of my camping that I have done on my own has been in my 2000 VW Eurovan camper, which I bought new and have enjoyed a lot. I still have it and will be putting it up for sale soon. I decided to get the Sunrader and sell my Eurovan because I wanted something just a little bigger in order to be able to move around in it. I looked at other RV's that were 24' and newer but due to there size, and the mileage they get, I felt more confortable driving the little Sunrader. Plus I can park it in my driveway. The Sunrader is perfect! The overhead bed above the cab is great . I bought a 3" full size mattress topper of latex and visco foam which fits perfect, added a twin size down comforter with duvet cover, so the bed area is also ready for my first trip when that comes. I was amazed as to the room in this area, you can turn over without hitting your head and move around easy. I have the model that has the large back window with the dinette area that also makes into a bed.

As for camping on my own, I have been doing it since I bought the Eurovan in 2000. Some of my friends think I am crazy for going out alone, but I joke and tell them I go with "me, myself and I" and my dog (Chihuahua, named Sunny who is 10 lb) so there are 4 of us. I am careful and cautious when I go. I stay in State Parks. My favorite time for camping is September thru May, as I hate to make reservations and like cooler weather. The longest trip I took was to Big Sur and was out for 14 days staying at camp sites along the coast. I live in the Los Angeles area and some of the other camp sites I love are 4 in Malibu, one right on the beach known as Thornhill, also Jalama Beach near Lompoc, Morro Bay, Lake Silverwood and Montano de Oro, to name a few. I can't wait until my new Toyota is ready for its first trip, looking forward to it. Not sure where you live sounds like the San Francisco area, but the nice thing about California is the many state parks so I am sure you will have some near you. Hope you find your new Toyota soon so you also can hit the beach.

Linda Kay

Sunrader89@yahoo.com

Thanks, Shanda and Linda Kay. Nice to know I'm in good company. :)

Unfortunately, due to moving slowly and miscommunication with the sellers, it looks like the Dolphin I thought I was buying will be "the one that got away." :( Sigh. Stay tuned - I hope I won't have to wait to long for the next perfect one (for me) to come along.

Kathy

Kathy,

Keep hope in your heart, I've seen several of these little homes for sale lately. In the meantime, keep planning and dreaming. I bet there's an even "better deal" just around the corner. Consider this "the research phase".

Shanda

• 1 month later...

I am single and looking to get my first little RV. I"m looking at a 1986 toyota coachman. I currently have a pop-up and have only owned it for two summers. I have had it with cranking up and down in the dark, in the rain, in the heat ... just tired. I'd rather spend my energy on the kayak trip I typically came out to enjoy. SO! I do have a high school junior and a 1st grader. The Junior is a comparative short timer, and the 6-year old will be with me for a while. Am I looking too small at a 22' rig? It has the dinette and sofa with over cab bed. I've got a 4x8 trailer i was going to hitch up for my kayaks when we go boating. Just needing some encouragement this is 'doable' single woman style. I can change a tire, grease bearings and if positioned correctly can even lift one of those RV batteries that weigh almost what I do. Hate to spend too much money and find I didn't like it, hate to spend too little and find myself innundated with repair bills.

Unit I'm looking at is a 22 RE engine, with 46,000 miles. He's asking $5300 and I get the impression he'd go down further as he said he hasn't had a single call on it. It's an hour and a half away, so not just a zip up and down to look at it.

Thoughts?

Hi Kathy,

I own a 1991 Winnebago. Husband is a reluctant camper, comes along occasionally. Often go by myself or take the women-in-training (small granddaughters) along. Highly recommend the Toyota motorhome. I'm not a mechanical genius but do know my way around an engine and can troubleshoot most and fix some items solo. Do your research prior to buying: know about the full floating axles/ head gasket recall on the 6-cylinders/capacity etc. Also look them over carefully, particularly looking for leaks. In mine, I had the wheel bearings repacked, new tires, new charging system (head gasket had already been done) and front window rebedded (it was just starting to leak), everything else worked well. Also thoroughly read (get them if you don't have them with your RV) all owners manuals regarding how to drive/operate/maintain your rig. There are far too many people out there using RV's (usually lots bigger than the Toys) who don't have the first clue as to what they're doing!! I like the Toy because I can drive, park, set it up etc all by myself without any difficulty.

Good luck,

Liz

Good luck with your decision! I'm still a wannabe myself, but I've read enough here and elsewhere (toyota-campers Yahoo Group is also a great resource) to feel comfortable that I can do this solo when I feel like it. Sounds like you have more knowledge than I do already, so I'd say GO FOR IT!!! when you feel like you've found the right one. Wondering what you did with the one you were looking at.....do tell.

Where are you located?

Kathy

I am single and looking to get my first little RV. I"m looking at a 1986 toyota coachman. I currently have a pop-up and have only owned it for two summers. I have had it with cranking up and down in the dark, in the rain, in the heat ... just tired. I'd rather spend my energy on the kayak trip I typically came out to enjoy. SO! I do have a high school junior and a 1st grader. The Junior is a comparative short timer, and the 6-year old will be with me for a while. Am I looking too small at a 22' rig? It has the dinette and sofa with over cab bed. I've got a 4x8 trailer i was going to hitch up for my kayaks when we go boating. Just needing some encouragement this is 'doable' single woman style. I can change a tire, grease bearings and if positioned correctly can even lift one of those RV batteries that weigh almost what I do. Hate to spend too much money and find I didn't like it, hate to spend too little and find myself innundated with repair bills.

Unit I'm looking at is a 22 RE engine, with 46,000 miles. He's asking $5300 and I get the impression he'd go down further as he said he hasn't had a single call on it. It's an hour and a half away, so not just a zip up and down to look at it.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the encouragement, Liz. I'm planning to learn more mechanically than I know already, but also expect to be either having my husband do stuff and/or paying someone else to do some of the repairs. There's a shop in town that teaches basic auto mechanics, and I plan to take their class when I get my Toyhome.

The big thing now is to find the right rig. I'm not a patient person by nature and I've been looking diligently for almost 2 months now, so I'm getting a big time lesson in that department. :) But I'm trying to stick to what I want and not settle. For example, I want 1990 or newer, the rear bath and I *DON'T*want the rose interior. I hope I can find my preferred but somewhat rare floor plan with the swivel chair and L shaped dinette on the passenger side along with a couch on the driver side, but could be content with the "usual" booth type dinette and couch if everything else feels really good. In the meantime, I'm subscribed to and have been reading just about every email on the toyota-campers Yahoo Group, and have definitely been in learning mode. Sometimes I'm amazed by what I know - sometimes it's more than the owners I've been talking to in my search! :) But so much more to learn, and I actually enjoy that.

Anyway, thanks again for your encouragement.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I own a 1991 Winnebago. Husband is a reluctant camper, comes along occasionally. Often go by myself or take the women-in-training (small granddaughters) along. Highly recommend the Toyota motorhome. I'm not a mechanical genius but do know my way around an engine and can troubleshoot most and fix some items solo. Do your research prior to buying: know about the full floating axles/ head gasket recall on the 6-cylinders/capacity etc. Also look them over carefully, particularly looking for leaks. In mine, I had the wheel bearings repacked, new tires, new charging system (head gasket had already been done) and front window rebedded (it was just starting to leak), everything else worked well. Also thoroughly read (get them if you don't have them with your RV) all owners manuals regarding how to drive/operate/maintain your rig. There are far too many people out there using RV's (usually lots bigger than the Toys) who don't have the first clue as to what they're doing!! I like the Toy because I can drive, park, set it up etc all by myself without any difficulty.

Good luck,

Liz

I have had my Sunrader for almost eight years. I love it. If I were looking again, I would absolutely be partial to the Sunrader but my most important criteria would be the condition of the motorhome and the layout. I have camped all over the Rocky Mountain region as well as having done some long road trips to other places. I usually do dispersed camping on national forest or BLM lands. There are lots of options for traveling solo. Do whatever you are most comfortable with. If you want to venture to Montana sometime, let me know.

Hey ladies! I'm a single gal, never been married, so have always relied on my own abilities to do whatever. If you love going camping solo, or with a couple of friends, one of these little MH's are the perfect thing. Easy to drive, easy to park. I also did the small trailer and pop-up trailer before settling down with a '86 New Horizon. I'm actually right now in the mode of finding a slightly newer version of the same thing, that's how much I love mine!

Check out Craigslist.com for listings for these in your area. You'll be amazed what there is out there. I'm talking to some folks in Oregon right now about one. (So hands off!angry02.gif Just kidding!) Wish me luck!

My current one has the side bath, the new has the back bath. More open floor plan which appeals to me. I loved the big back window in my little house, but a couch and some open space also sounds good.

Nice to see so many "gals" out here. I'm still looking - the ones I've been really interested in and wanted to buy have gotten sold faster than I could move. I'm practicing patience; not enjoying it much, but I know it's good for me. :) And I really want to make sure I don't settle and buy one just to buy one when it's not what I really want. For instance, I definitely want the rear bath and don't want the mauve or rose interior. I want a newer one - 1990 or newer, and I don't want a project. And I listen to my inner voice; if I'm thinking about one and I don't feel really excited about it, I move on. I'm looking all over the country, and would consider flying or shipping for the right one at the right price. Sigh. I know I'll find the right one eventually, but it's hard in the meantime.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I am a single gal, age 64 and have owned and traveled in my 1991 Toy for five years now, the past year as a full timer. 35,000 miles we have traveled. It has never left me stranded. Things have needed to be replaced and fixed of course. I just replaced my couch with my own style and the carpeting with vinyl, now that I am living in it, I am making it my own. A girlfriend of mine liked mine so well, she just bought one a couple weeks ago, she is single also. We both got ours on eBay, as long as you are smart and do your homework, it is the best place to find one. She got a great deal. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

post-1196-1252025223355_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Just got my "Gracie", 1993 Toyota Dolphin, in June. She has new curtains, new bedspread, new wax coat top to bottom and all kinds of little repairs. Have been camping with her twice. I love this forum!!! Kind of like, "ask and ye shall receive" when it comes to advice. I went camping with some friends last week and they are now looking for a TOY.

I have done a lot of camping by myself. It has run the gamut from sleeping on the ground ( these 58 year old bones don't appreciate that anymore) to a 30 ft trailer. I really like the compactness of these motorhomes and the super easy driveability.

Don't be afraid to try to fix little things yourself. Just remember, if it's broke, you probably won't make it anymore broke. If you manage to fix it yourself, well, how satisfying is that!!!thumbup.gif

I've been thinking about doing some workamping to get out of Colorado for the winter. Glad to see someone has fulltimed in theirs.

Hope those of you are looking have good luck.

Barb

Now that I am full time in my Toy, one of the great advantages is the ability to park most anywhere. This whole summer since I have been back in Vermont and "homeless" I have parked at different friends houses......in back yards, on curbs, in driveways, even in the little neighborhood park down the street from my old house. If I had purchased a larger RV and a pull behind car this wouldn't have been possible. Besides the fact that I save on campground fees, the real benefit is being able to REALLY spend quality time with my friends. They seem to love having me here, instead of treating me as a house guest we are more like neighbors, getting together for meals occasionally, asking each other for help on this or that (I am good at computers and everyone seems to need a techie around :ThumbUp: ). I use their shower on occasion and only ask for 120v 15amp outlet, I learned early on to carry a 200' 12 guage extension cord. And when I leave the area, the two people I have spent the most time with will get a thank you card and a gift certificate. Spread the love.

• 3 weeks later...

[Kathy,

i just bought my first rv (a 94 winnebago warrior - toyota chassis) i bought it off ebay and flew out to LV to pick it up and drive it back to breckenridge colo in June. it has been an amazing experience and i have already put 6,000 miles on it!!!! i have learned a lot and would love to share the things i would do differently and what i love about this rv. it you find the right one for you..... run dont walk and buy it!!!! i just wish i had done it sooner. i would love for you to call me so we could talk. too much info and suggestions in my head to write here.

Sincerely,

Noreen 970-470-2180

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1986 dophin and the only thing that bothers me is the uphill slow drive, it runs wonderfully up the hill and gas is great, just slow. I am a women alone and have no qualms about driving alone, I don't drive at night.

I have RV AAA, which gives me a feeling of protection since I know nothing about working on vehicles and don't plan to. I have been getting tips from this sight which is invaluable in getting information that I can use to have the rv worked on and not sound like a real dummy (which we all know is taken advantage of often). I do things like changing the drain valves which leak periodi cally.

I haven't any trouble with the rv mechanically and have understood from other people that this 22re motor is a great motor so don't expect to have any trouble with it as long as I drive it correctly.

Love the rv and don't expect to get rid of it even if I don't travel full-time like I would like to, its paid for.

[Kathy,

i just bought my first rv (a 94 winnebago warrior - toyota chassis) i bought it off ebay and flew out to LV to pick it up and drive it back to breckenridge colo in June. it has been an amazing experience and i have already put 6,000 miles on it!!!! i have learned a lot and would love to share the things i would do differently and what i love about this rv. it you find the right one for you..... run dont walk and buy it!!!! i just wish i had done it sooner. i would love for you to call me so we could talk. too much info and suggestions in my head to write here.

Sincerely,

Noreen 970-470-2180

Hi Noreen, Your story sounds a lot like mine. Expect a phone call one day from "Chris from Vermont"..... we can compare notes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy,

I joined this web site in May 09, and this is my first response so I hope it goes through. First let me say this is a great site and you can learn a lot about these great little RV's. I bought a 1989 18' V6 Sunrader in April. Just finish doing all new curtains for it and made new covers for the dinette area in back. Next project is making covers for front seats to match. After I get the inside done, will be taking to the mechanic I have, to do a couple of things on it, but it seems strong and drives well so I am happy with that so far.

All of my camping that I have done on my own has been in my 2000 VW Eurovan camper, which I bought new and have enjoyed a lot. I still have it and will be putting it up for sale soon. I decided to get the Sunrader and sell my Eurovan because I wanted something just a little bigger in order to be able to move around in it. I looked at other RV's that were 24' and newer but due to there size, and the mileage they get, I felt more confortable driving the little Sunrader. Plus I can park it in my driveway. The Sunrader is perfect! The overhead bed above the cab is great . I bought a 3" full size mattress topper of latex and visco foam which fits perfect, added a twin size down comforter with duvet cover, so the bed area is also ready for my first trip when that comes. I was amazed as to the room in this area, you can turn over without hitting your head and move around easy. I have the model that has the large back window with the dinette area that also makes into a bed.

As for camping on my own, I have been doing it since I bought the Eurovan in 2000. Some of my friends think I am crazy for going out alone, but I joke and tell them I go with "me, myself and I" and my dog (Chihuahua, named Sunny who is 10 lb) so there are 4 of us. I am careful and cautious when I go. I stay in State Parks. My favorite time for camping is September thru May, as I hate to make reservations and like cooler weather. The longest trip I took was to Big Sur and was out for 14 days staying at camp sites along the coast. I live in the Los Angeles area and some of the other camp sites I love are 4 in Malibu, one right on the beach known as Thornhill, also Jalama Beach near Lompoc, Morro Bay, Lake Silverwood and Montano de Oro, to name a few. I can't wait until my new Toyota is ready for its first trip, looking forward to it. Not sure where you live sounds like the San Francisco area, but the nice thing about California is the many state parks so I am sure you will have some near you. Hope you find your new Toyota soon so you also can hit the beach.

Linda Kay

Sunrader89@yahoo.com

Hi Kathy,

Linda Kay

Sunrader89@yahoo.com

Doggonit. I had a long reply written to you here and lost it somehow! :o

I basically was saying I'm so glad to find some other girls here and enjoyed reading about your decorating.

I'm crossing my fingers that my sale will go thru on the `18 1984 Sunrader I'm in the middle of purchasing now. This is my 3rd MH and I love them. Really regretted selling my last one, about 23' Toyota Rogue.

Being a San Diego resident, I love jumping in the camper with my dog and heading out to the coastline.

When I bring this new one home in a week I'll be looking for some safe overnight camping. One comment I read tonite was to sleep at big truck stops in the front area where the cars are. What is your experience on that?

Hey ladies! I'm a single gal, never been married, so have always relied on my own abilities to do whatever. If you love going camping solo, or with a couple of friends, one of these little MH's are the perfect thing. Easy to drive, easy to park. I also did the small trailer and pop-up trailer before settling down with a '86 New Horizon. I'm actually right now in the mode of finding a slightly newer version of the same thing, that's how much I love mine!

Check out Craigslist.com for listings for these in your area. You'll be amazed what there is out there. I'm talking to some folks in Oregon right now about one. (So hands off!angry02.gif Just kidding!) Wish me luck!

My current one has the side bath, the new has the back bath. More open floor plan which appeals to me. I loved the big back window in my little house, but a couch and some open space also sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Kate from New Hampshire. I bought my 1986 21' Sunrader in Pennsylvannia six months ago. I hunted for the rear dinette with reasonable mileage, wraparound windows and a storage pod. I spent about five years looking for it. (Meanwhile, I had a 27 foot Coachmen that was just too big.) The first time that I took my Sunrader for an overnight, I drove to the beach in New Hampshire. (Yes, New Hampshire has beachfront.) The bad news...I BLEW A TIRE! The fiberglass was damaged. That was a bummer. Nevertheless, my college-aged son and I had a good time. I asked my son along because I don't like going alone. My husband doesn't like camping. He likes hotels. He has encouraged me to go without him, if camping makes me happy. (I've got a good husband.) I'll get out more times next year. I'll take one of my kids or one of my sister's kids. The Sunrader also got some other uses this summer. Once it was used as a clubhouse. My 13 y.o. spent an overnight with two friends in the Sunrader. Another use is for eating take-out food. I also have been known to drive my Sunrader to Outback Steakhouse takeout window. Hubby and I don't have to wait over an hour to eat. We eat our meal right there in a romantic corner of the parking lot. Yet another use for next year is to go to the Drive-In theaters around here. There are lots of rules about driving in with an RV. One of the rules is that RVs are only allowed on weeknights. Next year we will get to the Drive-In theater a couple of times. Maybe I'll have more stories in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

I wander all over Alaska by myself. I just pull off into the woods by a lake or river and camp. I never stay in campgrounds. I do carry firecrackers to throw at bears if they come near. I have never had a problem.

We have been talking about a trip to Alaska but I was wondering what the suggestions and solutions are for carrying food in your motorhome as far as safety with bears goes? What precautions did you take? We have an 86 Dolphin think she could handle it up there?

I'm Kate from New Hampshire. I bought my 1986 21' Sunrader in Pennsylvannia six months ago. I hunted for the rear dinette with reasonable mileage, wraparound windows and a storage pod. I spent about five years looking for it. (Meanwhile, I had a 27 foot Coachmen that was just too big.) The first time that I took my Sunrader for an overnight, I drove to the beach in New Hampshire. (Yes, New Hampshire has beachfront.) The bad news...I BLEW A TIRE! The fiberglass was damaged. That was a bummer. Nevertheless, my college-aged son and I had a good time. I asked my son along because I don't like going alone. My husband doesn't like camping. He likes hotels. He has encouraged me to go without him, if camping makes me happy. (I've got a good husband.) I'll get out more times next year. I'll take one of my kids or one of my sister's kids. The Sunrader also got some other uses this summer. Once it was used as a clubhouse. My 13 y.o. spent an overnight with two friends in the Sunrader. Another use is for eating take-out food. I also have been known to drive my Sunrader to Outback Steakhouse takeout window. Hubby and I don't have to wait over an hour to eat. We eat our meal right there in a romantic corner of the parking lot. Yet another use for next year is to go to the Drive-In theaters around here. There are lots of rules about driving in with an RV. One of the rules is that RVs are only allowed on weeknights. Next year we will get to the Drive-In theater a couple of times. Maybe I'll have more stories in the future.

Hey I swear we saw you and your raider about 2 weeks ago on our way to look at an 86 dolphin which we ended up getting bc it was a raider with wraparound windows and nh plates I saw it and was floored we took it as a sign and LOVE LOVE our dolphin and are so glad we got it good to see another lady toy lover in nh

Hey I swear we saw you and your raider about 2 weeks ago on our way to look at an 86 dolphin which we ended up getting bc it was a raider with wraparound windows and nh plates I saw it and was floored we took it as a sign and LOVE LOVE our dolphin and are so glad we got it good to see another lady toyota motorhome lover in nh

Hey I swear we saw you and your raider about 2 weeks ago on our way to look at an 86 dolphin which we ended up getting bc it was a raider with wraparound windows and nh plates I saw it and was floored we took it as a sign and LOVE LOVE our dolphin and are so glad we got it good to see another lady toyota motorhome lover in nh

Wow, I've been bad about following this thread! Thanks, Noreen - I will definitely give you a call; I'll take all the advise, insight, wisdom, and stories I can get!!! I did get a ToyHome - a 1990 Itasca Spirit I've named Tinkerbell. We brought her home about 2 months ago. So far we've taken her on two weekend outings - first one to the Felton, CA Toy Rally hosted by Greg and his lovely wife, the second one to Yosemite. Both were great and both were with my husband. Between now and the end of the year is gonna be busy, but I look forward to getting out on my own for at least a one-nighter in January. We (and I separately) have more plans for next year.... it's very fun, and I doubt I'll be regretting my purchase.

Kathy

[Kathy,

Sincerely,

Noreen 970-470-2180

I can't tell you anything about Alaska, but I can tell you about ToyHomes and bears. :) My husband and I took ours to Yosemite earlier this month. The campground host told us they have almost daily bear visits, and vans and cars get broken into on a regular basis if food is left in them. They have NEVER had a bear break into an RV - it's like they haven't figured 'em out, somehow. The only recommendation is to leave all windows and vents closed when away from the RV and to not leave food out in plain sight (stash it in a cupboard or close the blinds). Alaska is on our list too, but we have other higher priorities. First will be a tour of the southwest and all the national parks down there.

Have fun!

Kathy

We have been talking about a trip to Alaska but I was wondering what the suggestions and solutions are for carrying food in your motorhome as far as safety with bears goes? What precautions did you take? We have an 86 Dolphin think she could handle it up there?

• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

I have been thinking about buying a Sunrader for a while now and have found one that looks interesting, but I don't know what to look for or look out for. Here are the details:

21.5 ft

v6

automatic

100+K miles

asking 15K but will consider offers

I am just not knowledgeable about motorhomes and what to ask or look for. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

thanks, Janet

I'm a single, retired girl who has owned her 84 Toyota Dolphin for about 4 years, now. The longest trip was about 530 miles round trip. I haven't had a speck of trouble except for fuel line leak, which I fixed myself. My truck has 4 speed manual, 4 cyl and a carb, so is easy to work on, so far. :ThumbUp:

I have added a new fridge, batwing antenna and awning. My next project will be the brown "Herculan plaid" interior. I'd prefer tan with teal accents. My interior consists of two captains chairs, small round table between them and a couch/bed on the other side. I have the rear kitchen and small bath. I use a queen sized teal/green "Travasack" for my loft bed. I don't think that the loft was ever slept in, as the foam is like new. The interior is in pretty good shape overall, with no signs of leaks anywhere.

My Toy has about 107k miles, but doesn't use a drop of oil. I get about 17 mpg if I go 55. I hope to travel down to AZ next winter to see my brother and, maybe, take in the Quatzite, AZ rally, as well. I can hardly wait! Whoo hoo! :ThumbUp:

As for anyone looking for Toy RV. There is a lot of info on this site to help you on your mission. I was pleased to get mine for under 4k. I don't think that they go for much over 10k, but then, I'm not as qualified as others, here, to speculate.