removing toilet

hey guys!!!

i am in process of gutting and redecorating my toy. i know, such a girlie thing to do. but wait until you see the pics. anyway..... i am having laminate flooring installed. if i remove the current carpet, tile, and toilet - it will cost a lot less in labor.

HOW do i remove the toilet???? I will need to obviously reinstall it when the laminate is in......

help!! i need to drop off the rv on monday morning to the guys.

Thanks.

Noreen on Colorado

Unscrew the water fitting. There should be 2 nuts on the base that hold the toilet to the floor. Remove the nuts and CAREFULLY remove the toilet. It may stick a bit to floor to again be careful. You will be left with the mounting flange on the floor, duct tape it up . Get a new gasket when you reinstall the toilet.

wow , it seems so easy. do i need to turn off any water supply or empty my holding tanks??? should i empty grey and black water tanks?

thanks so much!!

Yes shut off water pump and drain black tank. Pour some Pine Sol or something that smells good in the tank after you dump it. So that when you remove the toilet the smell isn't to deadly

how do shut off water pump????

how do shut off water pump????

There should be a water pump switch somewhere in the camper, if not then just unhook the house battery.

• 5 weeks later...

thanks, did it . and the new floor looks great.

Yeah Noreen!!!!

Pictures?!?!?!? Would love to see how you're fixing up your toy!!!

shanda