Weird

futar

I was heading up I5 north in Oregon last weekend in my Toy. I spotted a very slow moving camper in the right lane. It looked like one of the older 1970's Toyotas from the rear. As I passed it, I was surprised at what I saw. It was a vintage Volkswagen bus front with a full blown camper on the back. This looked like a professional installation. This was not a camper van.

Anyone who was ever in the old Vdub buses knows that they could barely climb a hill. I can't imagine how it was moving with a full camper on the back. Although it was lumbering in the right lane pretty slow. It made our Toyhomes look like semis.

I probably has a non-VW engine. I believe even that vans had the engine in

the rear, cannot image it is still there, it would be a bit hot and noisey in the coach area.

Dennis...

Many, many years ago I put a 2.8L V6 Capri motor in my '72 VW Camper after I killed the air-cooled 4 cyl. There are lots of adaptors available for the VW platform and that thing cruised the mountains of Colorado with plenty of power. Got some funny looks when passing traffic going up I-70 toward the Continental Divide.

McShank