Is my converter a "battery boiler"?

I have had my 1991 Itasca Toyota for 5 years now and gone through 2 house batteries. I have no idea how old the first one was as it came with the rig, but the second one only lasted 3 years. On another forum, someone suggested that maybe my converter is a battery boiler (something about a single stage and a two stage) and I should have it replaced. I had never heard of this before. Keep in mind that I am a full-timer and so my converter gets lots of use. I just ordered a top of the line pricey Lifeline AGM battery and don't want to ruin it because of my converter. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

If you have the 6300 series converter then yes it is a battery boiler. Also if you leave your battery discharged below 11 volts for a long period of time that will also kill it. The 6300 can be retrofitted with the 7300 series all solid state and it has a smart charger. http://www.parallaxpower.com/7300/7300RU.pdf There are other converters that can also be installed but more wiring modifications and knowledge are needed. The 7300 is easy to install.

Saw somewhere on this site about using a timer on the house current, only about an hour or a day if left plugged in all the time. Kinda makes since as this it what I learned to do with my marine batteries for the boat, (these are on cheap float chargers but these also can boil battery). They sure last a lot longer.

I have a 6300 it does have a adjustment a small pot with a fully charged bat I set it as low as it would go don't remember exact voltage but probably around 13volts, anyway my bat doesn't need water very often once in a year, but its just a trickle charger, I'm going to save the web address for the 7300 for the future.

I am going to be installing a sealed, maintenance free flooded type battery. So is this even an issue for me?

I am going to be installing a sealed, maintenance free flooded type battery. So is this even an issue for me?

Maintenance free is not really true. They still boil down when improperly charged with a bad charger such as the 6300. The maintenance free tag means you will not be able to check the levels and make sure they are correct and the battery will die sooner.

Ok, I have purchased this sealed battery and plan on installing this upgrade kit Does this look ok? Anyone see any future trouble for me? Is there something else I should know?

I used the recommended PARALLAX 7345RU upgrade kit. It's an easy retrofit. Cost is about $200

I stated before that about 18 battery brands are made by the same manufacturer. I bought mine in Wally World. Theirs is the same as the high priced brands and they gave the best warranty.