Water Pump Strainer

Homer

I finally got to go camping last week...but before we started out I put water in my fresh water tank, then water started going all over the floor . I checked it out and the water pump strainer had bursted during the winter. I blew the lines all out (I thought )last fall instead off running antifreeze through the system to winterize it, trying to save money. WOW ! what a lesson to learn. I had been putting antifreeze in for the past 12 yrs, no problems until I tried something different. I ordered a new one and installed it where I had straight piped it eliminating the strainer so we could go camping. My question is >> will the strainer work by having the bowl on top instead of the bottom ? I figured I could see it better.   I put it on top but after running antifreeze through the system....none was showing in the bowl but it did come out the faucets and commode.  I just have to tighten it up more and it will be on the bottom. I know this is something that is not normally asked, but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? AND if it will work that way ?

'homer'

water pump strainer.PNG

Edited by Homer

Does Anyone know if it will strain the water by being upside down ??? OR should I turn the bowl so it will be on the bottom ??

I don't know. I have owned my Sunrader almost 20 years and I've never had one of those. Never seemed to need it either. My pump has never clogged up. I did replace my pump once but the motor was dead not clogged. Just another cog in the line to mees up is my opinion. Take it out

Linda S

But yes I do think it would work upside down. 

DSC07282.JPG.953a454621cd86ad702e86c7e1876902.JPG                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

DSC05309.JPG.24258997bfa8904d0540704f8b1fffb9.JPG

The reason for the strainer was my drain cut-off valve got so hard to turn, I finally took it out and there was a piece of plastic jammed in it and  I just replaced with a new one Only explanation I could come up with was that when they put the fittings in the tank the process they use and some of the excess was what jammed the valve?? I did go inside from the top with a vacuum hose and hopefully got it all out and then I put the strainer in.
The white top  was the old strainer before it burst.   Thanks for the input.