83 Gran Sport Ranger questions?

83 Ranger

Hello everyone I'm new to the group I just bought a 83 Gran Sport Ranger which was in pretty good original shape other that the motor I just had to rebuild do to a ring that let loose in the #1 cylinder I was just wondering about what years, options if any and how many were made I haven't been able to find out much of any info on them? 

Thanks in advance!

83 Ranger

380910809_329975949491574_7343388645219500498_n (1).jpg

Cute, looks to be in good condition. We have seen quite a few of these over the years. They were made from 1984 to 1987 but build time at the motorhome facility made many motorhomes have a truck model one year older than the original sale date of the motorhome. Explains why yours is an 83. Some states go by sale original date but California goes by truck manufacture date. 

There is no way to know how many were manufactured. NADA doesn't even have the pop top listed, only the larger full sized model made by Ranger called a Rogue, so I'm guessing it was no more than a few hundred. 

Linda S

Well it looks like the pop top was only made from 1984 to 1985.

''Ranger / Grand Sport'' (tilt-top) by Ranger Industries, San Bernardino, CA  (’84 - ’85)

Considering we have seen quite a few of them I'll stick to my at least several hundred built estimate. 

Thanks Linda S I figured there wasn't very many built I'm the 4th owner of this one It was bought brand new from my neighbors up my street and was sold to 3 other neighbors before I purchased it so it's never left my street in its 40 years Everything is original great shape and working order Not to sure on the mileage the speedometer wasn't working but said 98,000 I managed to remove it and free up the tumblers it looked like the grease or what ever they used stuck them together Thanks for the reply I'm enjoying this site 

83 Ranger  

381446561_298774252779695_6025004931180869875_n.jpg