Gas tank for a1978 Toyota Dolphin

uncle jimmi

[

I need a gas tank for my 1978 Toyota Dolphine ,somebody has the answer to where one is?

I had one made at Fort Wayne, IN last year. That was less expensive than trying to ship a tank from CA. It was fabricated from welded aluminum sheets to fit in the space left by the old tank. A tank as old as a '78 has probably rusted badly....my '86 Sunrader's gas tank was rusted so badly that it plugged the fuel injectors and supply rail for the injection system. So, if you find an old tank be aware that it may be rusty, if so take it to a radiator shop and have them clean it and add a barrier to prevent rust.

John H '86 Sunrader, 22RE, auto

• 5 months later...

Go here and see if they have it http://www.quantapro...ts.asp?dept=396 its the very last 2 on the list I think, I see one for with out fuel injection and one with fuel injection.

Those are pretty spendy prices on that link, I just bought the TO-8B 17 gallon tank from Rock Auto for $165 + $20 shipping for my 87 RN75 dually