Pullout Entry Step

Ctgriffi

I haven't seen this question asked in awhile (or ever heard a conclusive answer, maybe?)—but has anybody installed a good pullout entry step that they'd recommend? Specifically, I'm looking into solutions for a 91 Warrior that never had a permanent pullout step, from the factory or otherwise. The Warrior does have a fairly sturdy sheetmetal structure around the interior doorway step that I might be able to bolt up thru for mounting, but I'm curious to see what others have done. Thanks! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you all just take a running jump and hope for the best! :clown2:

So I ended up finding a great deal on a "Stromberg Carlson Manual RV Step" that was 20" wide with a 7.5" drop ("drop" is top of step-frame to top of step, when extended). To make the thing fit correctly against the bottom of the factory footwell, I welded on some angle to each side of the step frame, which gave me a little more mounting width and also (helpfully) dropped the step down a bit further. I dropped elevator bolts down through the left-and-right edges of the footwell (where the steel was thickest) and into the angle iron, secured with big fat washers and Grade 8 locknuts. Pretty easy to unbolt the whole thing and remove if needed.

I'm not sure it's 100% perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied with the look and placement. Feels very sturdy! Probably will outlive the rest of the rig, I'm guessing. :) 

ctgriffi-new-entry-step-for-warrior.jpeg.f93715764ee66b7ef5317e68508e5669.jpeg