Flat screen wall mounts

comfun1

I want to install a 19" flat screen using a swing away type wall bracket and have a few questions. Will it stay in place while driving with the bumps, vibrations, stopping and starting and all? I believe it only weighs about 6 or 7 lbs. The bumps won't tear it loose or damage the tv will it?

• 2 weeks later...

haha.. this reminds me of my OLD camper and the little hippie mini computer number we did on it. We had a flat screen monitor mounted to a framed piece of plywood that swung INTO the wall via some hinges and a hook-and-eye for a latch. When in the closed position it sported a colorful jigsaw picture. *out of thieving eyes too. Open, it was a flat screen computer monitor for a little 12v mini-computer. Now of course we all have fancy inverters to run those AC-DC converters for our laptops, but the 12v mini-ITX/12v flatscreen monitor was pretty fun and a fun conversation piece out in the boonies. Wish I had taken a picture. :(

As Greg mentions, You will absolutely have to have this thing fully secured to something pretty solid as well as bounded so it can't swing open while in transit. I think mounting is the way to go tho. Flatscreens just laying around or even stored in a cabinet is a disaster waiting to happen. And it will look cool too. :ThumbUp: