Do a more through evaluation.

Have a leak check done (blow down). It will tell you if its the rings or valves.

Thoughts.....

Has the head gasket recall been done???

Are the valves adjusted correctly??

DID you have the throttle wide open when you did the compression check?

Do a more through evaluation.

Have a leak check done (blow down). It will tell you if its the rings or valves.

Thoughts.....

Has the head gasket recall been done???

Are the valves adjusted correctly??

DID you have the throttle wide open when you did the compression check?

I was thinking about a leak down test or putting oil in the cylinders and testing again. This would also tell me if it was rings or valves. I called my local Toyo dealer concerning the head gasket recall and they said that since the vin # did not come up, it must have been corrected. No date, no info, I'm doubtful. Shame, such a clean rig and it runs well, but has this issue...

My V6 had a bent valve and out of adj to tight 76000 mi I had both heads re done also pulled the pistons everything else showed very little wear,it was done in the veh the crossover from the exhaust manifolds was hard to get too.

I've heard some negative's about the v6s rumors get started then blown out of proportion.

Do not take the dealer's word. There should be a record of your VIN one way or another. There's no such thing as not finding it at all. They just don't look properly. You have to specifically ask for the special head gasket service campaign. I attached the notices. Also ask another dealer.

post-332-1233460153_thumb.jpg

post-332-1233460168_thumb.jpg

Find another dealer. Don't say anything about recall, when they run the VIN the complete history should showup.

The Yahoo site has info in the file and link section.

Do not take the dealer's word. There should be a record of your VIN one way or another. There's no such thing as not finding it at all. They just don't look properly. You have to specifically ask for the special head gasket service campaign. I attached the notices. Also ask another dealer.

Thanks, I will make some more calls Monday. Is there a chance that they would still warranty a 20 year old engine? If I don't get anywhere with Toyo I considered swapping to the 4 cylinder for dependability. I found a 1989 Toyo 2wd 4 cyl auto on Craigs list with 89k for $1500.00 This would make a great donor truck. Is the 4 cylinder enough horsepower? Lots of the out there... Thanks, John