bucket seats

georgek

Hi

Just bought 81 sunrader. Seats are shot and I hear never were that comfortable. Any one switched to a car bucket type? What would be the least complicated switch for bucket seats

George

Edited by georgek

Hello,

The seats should be easy to remove, I believe it is only four bolts securing each one down,

however, the problem you are going to have is to find a replacement seat that will fit in the

cab, you really do not have much room. You may want to try something like memory foam

to make an additional seat cushion to see if that helps.

Also, where abouts are you located (state)?

Dennis...

Take your seats to a good upholstery shop and have them rebuild it with shaped new foam and new material.

That way you know it fits right.

Hi Georgek,

Welcome to the forum! I have an 81 sunrader too! I can empathize with you on the seats. Sadie's are a little mushy, but there are no springs poking through, so I just imagine I'm sitting on "cloud 9" while I'm driving her. :rolleyes: I do like the idea of the memory foam cushion.

Let's see some pictures!!!

shanda

Hello,

The seats should be easy to remove, I believe it is only four bolts securing each one down,

however, the problem you are going to have is to find a replacement seat that will fit in the

cab, you really do not have much room. You may want to try something like memory foam

to make an additional seat cushion to see if that helps.

Also, where abouts are you located (state)?

Dennis...

Memory foam I'll check that one out. I add some regular foam help a little. I'm in SF Bay area.

George