Hello Members! newbie here.

Beatlesfab4

Hi All,

A new guy here, i came across this site when i was trying to find some info. on my new Itasca (google)

I just got a super clean one owner 1988, 19' Itasca w/ 22re 4cyl...47K mi. everthing works, so far... :ThumbUp:

Ive been looking for this type of mini's for almost 3 years now, Finally! the right color,clean, low mi. w/upgraded rear axle too!

Im totaly cool with 4 cyl...i just need to know what i need to keep an eye & ears on...what is an avg MPG on this model?

Any feedback would be a great help.

Even more excited after i found this site...YEY!!!

Hi All,

A new guy here, i came across this site when i was trying to find some info. on my new Itasca (google)

I just got a super clean one owner 1988, 19' Itasca w/ 22re 4cyl...47K mi. everthing works, so far... :ThumbUp:

Ive been looking for this type of mini's for almost 3 years now, Finally! the right color,clean, low mi. w/upgraded rear axle too!

Im totaly cool with 4 cyl...i just need to know what i need to keep an eye & ears on...what is an avg MPG on this model?

Welcome to the site, what do you have, the Spirit or Warrior? Not to many of us on here with the winnie's. Just got my Spirit in Nov. so have not even had a chance for a road trip yet. Did get the frame re inforced for a tow hitch for my boat before the snow started flying.

BF4,

You're in the right place! Welcome!!

Enjoy parusing the past posts. They're full of info and helps re: our little toys, and

it's a good way to get through the winter......

shanda

Hi All,

Howdy!

Welcome to a world of Toy motorhome info! Always glad to see another Toy owner. See, it was worth the wait and is so exciting to get just what you wanted!

With the 4 cylinder, you will find it is not the fastest truck on the road, but it will get you where you're going, just slower. Actually you will see better gas mileage keeping the speed around 55-60 mph and also better control especially if the wind is blowing and also enjoy the passing scenery.

Here's to your new one! May you enjoy it for a long, long time!

Dianne '84 Dolphin (Took awhile to find ours, too)

Thank you for all the warm welcome.

Im located in Oregon.

Lots of beautiful places to go and it can also get pretty wet at the same time.

With my new MH we'll be warm & cozy and keep the wife happy.

Ive already got my first fishing/camping trip planned out.

55-60 mph is about a right speed for me.

love this site,

Thanks!

Hi Beatle. I'm here in Florence on the coast. I also have a place inland right on the Siuslaw river. We have loads of Toyhomes running around here. Year round camping here. I go to central Oregon in the summer prospecting.

I just came back from Lake Oswego. I stayed at the Elks campground in Salem. They have wifi for their campground and I was able to video conference on my lap top.

I hope you got the state and federal park passes. They're the best campgrounds. Some of the state ones are free. The feds are half price with the pass.

Bear said..."Did get the frame re inforced for a tow hitch for my boat"

What size boat? I have read on here that is in not only a frame issue, but overloading brakes, transmissions, etc., when pulling anything. Recomended weight for pulling a trailer is 1000 pounds maximum. I am just asking because when I first got my Sunrader I had thoughts of reinforcing the rear frame for pulling a 16ft aluminum fishing boat, but after reading commnents on here, I have all but scrapped that idea....

Bear said..."Did get the frame re inforced for a tow hitch for my boat"

What size boat? I have read on here that is in not only a frame issue, but overloading brakes, transmissions, etc., when pulling anything. Recomended weight for pulling a trailer is 1000 pounds maximum. I am just asking because when I first got my Sunrader I had thoughts of reinforcing the rear frame for pulling a 16ft aluminum fishing boat, but after reading commnents on here, I have all but scrapped that idea....

Mine is 14ft aluminum, probably close to 1000 lbs, but figured if I could tow it with the small six in my front wheel car without blowing the tranny that I could tow it with the 89 Itasca Spirit. Have not tried it yet.

Bear ... Thanks for the info, I suppose a small aluminum boat 12' - 16' would be doable. I would think motor size (weight) would also be a factor....small boat, small motor, small trailer, would be within limits. I have read that the weight limits on these motorhomes themselves come close or may even exceed rated limits (GVW)depending on how much gear is packed inside, number of people, etc. The transmission and brake concerns are not so much about pulling something, but pulling something with an already possibley overweight vehicle (not like a small car).... Just my thoughts as to why I am considering not pulling my boat....16 ft. aluminum with 50 hp. outbord (kinda big).

Hi Beatle. I'm here in Florence on the coast. I also have a place inland right on the Siuslaw river. We have loads of Toyhomes running around here. Year round camping here. I go to central Oregon in the summer prospecting.

I just came back from Lake Oswego. I stayed at the Elks campground in Salem. They have wifi for their campground and I was able to video conference on my lap top.

I hope you got the state and federal park passes. They're the best campgrounds. Some of the state ones are free. The feds are half price with the pass.

Hi Futar,

We like Florence sand dunes, camping etc..did you get the park pass at Gi Joes?

Cant wait to take it out.

Bear ... Thanks for the info, I suppose a small aluminum boat 12' - 16' would be doable. I would think motor size (weight) would also be a factor....small boat, small motor, small trailer, would be within limits. I have read that the weight limits on these motorhomes themselves come close or may even exceed rated limits (GVW)depending on how much gear is packed inside, number of people, etc. The transmission and brake concerns are not so much about pulling something, but pulling something with an already possibley overweight vehicle (not like a small car).... Just my thoughts as to why I am considering not pulling my boat....16 ft. aluminum with 50 hp. outbord (kinda big).

If you can find someplace to get the boat and trailer weighed, it would give you a better idea if or not you want to tow it.

Hi Futar,

We like Florence sand dunes, camping etc..did you get the park pass at Gi Joes?

Cant wait to take it out.

There's a US Forestry office across from Fred Meyer on 101. I have the federal Golden pass that's good for life. They don't sell the state ones any more so I go down to the state parks office across from Honeyman Park to get the annual one. There's also an annual coastal one that covers all the parks. You can move the coastal one to any vehicle. There's also a Lane County one required now for their parks and waysides.

I guess there's stores like Joes that sell them. I don't know if they have the coastal pass. You can also order them on line. It drives me nuts moving my park passes from one vehicle to another.

Did you know that these dunes are what inspired Frank Herbert to write his Dune science fiction novels? His daughter still lives here. The Florence library has his manuscripts and posters on display. I run periodic bonfires on the North Jetty Dunes. People bring wine, beer and nibbles. I love the coast. Yesterday I went to Ocean Beach state park north of the Sea Lion caves beach combing for agates and jasper.

There's a US Forestry office across from Fred Meyer on 101. I have the federal Golden pass that's good for life. They don't sell the state ones any more so I go down to the state parks office across from Honeyman Park to get the annual one. There's also an annual coastal one that covers all the parks. You can move the coastal one to any vehicle. There's also a Lane County one required now for their parks and waysides.

I guess there's stores like Joes that sell them. I don't know if they have the coastal pass. You can also order them on line. It drives me nuts moving my park passes from one vehicle to another.

Did you know that these dunes are what inspired Frank Herbert to write his Dune science fiction novels? His daughter still lives here. The Florence library has his manuscripts and posters on display. I run periodic bonfires on the North Jetty Dunes. People bring wine, beer and nibbles. I love the coast. Yesterday I went to Ocean Beach state park north of the Sea Lion caves beach combing for agates and jasper.

I know theres a lot of history in that town, ill try and look for passes for sale.

Next time you have a Toy gathering beach camp out let me know my wife and I would love that. Ill bring some good Pinot Noir!