my trip down to mexico...

beach bum

post-2267-1230848039_thumb.jpg

post-2267-1230848065_thumb.jpg

well hello all, my toyota ran great, i drove between 60 and 70 miles per hour, averaging 14 to 16 miles to the gallon.

the coach was super comfortable for my wife and i, youngest daughter and my 2 dogs.the fridge operated extremely efficiently on the gas setting, oven and stove worked great for all our meals.the heater would be turned on for maybe 30 minutes in the am and we got toasty...

as some of you might know i recently cleaned up all the old caulking and had the entire rv painted. went with a carbon grey semi metalic paint by dupont. i must admit when i saw the color 1st being shot on at the shop, i thought the color was ok, but after it was all said and done : i love it!

many compliment on our journey through southern arizona and mexico.

here are a couple of photos, please let me know what you all think...

untill the next time, beach bum.

hey Im glad you decided to GO FOR IT! with the paint job...

very unique yet presentable look... im also curious what the paint cost?

AND

what kind of "two dogs" do u have in that thing with your wife and daughter???

be safe and have a great time...

well the paint cost me $1600.00 and i am very happy with it,

my 2 dogs are a golden and a mexican mut i rescued 3 years ago in san carlos mexico so we named him carlos... :]

well the paint cost me $1600.00 and i am very happy with it,

my 2 dogs are a golden and a mexican mut i rescued 3 years ago in san carlos mexico so we named him carlos... :]

hey nice outcome on that paint job b.b.

how many coats?

so did you or the body shop have to do a lot of exterior prep work prior to painting it?.. all hatches to be removed.. things like that

post-2267-1230848039_thumb.jpg

post-2267-1230848065_thumb.jpg

well hello all, my toyota ran great, i drove between 60 and 70 miles per hour, averaging 14 to 16 miles to the gallon.

the coach was super comfortable for my wife and i, youngest daughter and my 2 dogs.the fridge operated extremely efficiently on the gas setting, oven and stove worked great for all our meals.the heater would be turned on for maybe 30 minutes in the am and we got toasty...

as some of you might know i recently cleaned up all the old caulking and had the entire rv painted. went with a carbon grey semi metalic paint by dupont. i must admit when i saw the color 1st being shot on at the shop, i thought the color was ok, but after it was all said and done : i love it!

many compliment on our journey through southern arizona and mexico.

here are a couple of photos, please let me know what you all think...

untill the next time, beach bum.

I have never drove in mexico - any issues with the crossing or otherwise ?

I have never drove in mexico - any issues with the crossing or otherwise ?

never had 1 problem... always drive during the day and get through the border towns as quick as you can.

always mind your own business and never pick a fight... :]

been going down to mexico for ever...[40 years] since i was 9.

let me know if you need any info.

beach bum

hey nice outcome on that paint job b.b.

how many coats?

so did you or the body shop have to do a lot of exterior prep work prior to painting it?.. all hatches to be removed.. things like that

3 coats... 1 clear...removed some of the hatches but left all the windows on, just re caulked all areas.

hardly did any body work. this 1990 was real straight.

beach bum