Huntsman Carpet Replacement

Install some neutral vynil flooring, very easy to clean. And it won't clash with your shagged sides.

I replaced mine in my Sunrader, it had a load of sand underneath the carpet and was the source of the musty smell. When the carpet was removed it gave me an opportunity to repair a few things, and tighten others. I sanded and repainted the post holder for the table and used sealer around the bottom of it, I think the dirt may have been come up from underneath thru the hole in the wood for the table stand. I elminated almost all of my irritating squeaks and rattles by tightening all the screw for everything I could find, like the moldings and the siding and frames. I also tightened the wood floor from underneath, all the bolts where loose and it would slap down when I hit a bump. It is very quiet now and I can almost hear a pin drop on the freeway....well maybe not. I actually used indoor outdoor carpet, but a high quality looped so it could handle anything and should last longer. The old carpet just kind of disolved in my hands as I was pulling it up, so that should not happen again with the indoor outdoor. I put some gold edge molding on the top of the steps, but I went with soemthing similar to the original carpet in the truck cab. I wish I would have found some sound deadening material to put under the carpet in the cab, other than that the project was a mild success. I went away from the tac strips, and used some carpet glue and a staple gun and it seems to be holding well, I did not use a ton of glue on it incase I want to redo the thing again in the future. Oh and to answer your question, I got most of the stuff at Lowes or Home depo they had some loose scraps that where more than enough for the smallish interior of the Sunrander and about half price, I think I spent around $100.00 on the whole project I think it was about 14 feet by 3 feet. Good luck wih the project.

I replaced mine in my Sunrader, it had a load of sand underneath the carpet and was the source of the musty smell. When the carpet was removed it gave me an opportunity to repair a few things, and tighten others. I sanded and repainted the post holder for the table and used sealer around the bottom of it, I think the dirt may have been come up from underneath thru the hole in the wood for the table stand. I elminated almost all of my irritating squeaks and rattles by tightening all the screw for everything I could find, like the moldings and the siding and frames. I also tightened the wood floor from underneath, all the bolts where loose and it would slap down when I hit a bump. It is very quiet now and I can almost hear a pin drop on the freeway....well maybe not. I actually used indoor outdoor carpet, but a high quality looped so it could handle anything and should last longer. The old carpet just kind of disolved in my hands as I was pulling it up, so that should not happen again with the indoor outdoor. I put some gold edge molding on the top of the steps, but I went with soemthing similar to the original carpet in the truck cab. I wish I would have found some sound deadening material to put under the carpet in the cab, other than that the project was a mild success. I went away from the tac strips, and used some carpet glue and a staple gun and it seems to be holding well, I did not use a ton of glue on it incase I want to redo the thing again in the future. Oh and to answer your question, I got most of the stuff at Lowes or Home depo they had some loose scraps that where more than enough for the smallish interior of the Sunrander and about half price, I think I spent around $100.00 on the whole project I think it was about 14 feet by 3 feet. Good luck wih the project.

thank you so much for that info. that is exactly what i needed to hear and perfectly explained. great. i will check it out. another test for you amigo. thank you so much again for your previous well thought out advice.

1. what do you know about checking reefers that are not working? my fridge does not work when my coach is plugged in. I have no idea why, or how to begin checking. I feel like I should probably just take the coach in somewhere for this??? when i switch the fridge to gas power and light it, the orange glowing square indicates that the fridge is running and lit off of the propane... just as it should be. but still not coldness at all, and no freezer. any idea how to deal with this?

2. hot water heater? i have never been able to get any hot water, and dont even know if my coach has one... 84 huntsman... i have no manuals. anyway, where would one check to see if there is a hot water heater? any idea how to test? my furnace works great for hot air, and that seems like what they would use for the hot water heater??? let me know what you think.

3. i have an 84 huntsman in ok cosmetic condition and what I feel is good mechanical condition. 90k on a 22r. 4 spd bulletproof tight trani and tight clutch. I am trying to take a 60+ day vacation down the coast into mexico. if you were getting ready for a trip like that (4000 round trip miles... some hard and rough ones), what types of changes or checks would you do pre trip? changing tires and shocks.. any help would be so appreciated. you can e mail me directly if you like at ecosoundroofcare@yahoo.com

thanks again.

cristian

thank you so much for that info. that is exactly what i needed to hear and perfectly explained. great. i will check it out. another test for you amigo. thank you so much again for your previous well thought out advice.

1. what do you know about checking reefers that are not working? my fridge does not work when my coach is plugged in. I have no idea why, or how to begin checking. I feel like I should probably just take the coach in somewhere for this??? when i switch the fridge to gas power and light it, the orange glowing square indicates that the fridge is running and lit off of the propane... just as it should be. but still not coldness at all, and no freezer. any idea how to deal with this?

2. hot water heater? i have never been able to get any hot water, and dont even know if my coach has one... 84 huntsman... i have no manuals. anyway, where would one check to see if there is a hot water heater? any idea how to test? my furnace works great for hot air, and that seems like what they would use for the hot water heater??? let me know what you think.

3. i have an 84 huntsman in ok cosmetic condition and what I feel is good mechanical condition. 90k on a 22r. 4 spd bulletproof tight trani and tight clutch. I am trying to take a 60+ day vacation down the coast into mexico. if you were getting ready for a trip like that (4000 round trip miles... some hard and rough ones), what types of changes or checks would you do pre trip? changing tires and shocks.. any help would be so appreciated. you can e mail me directly if you like at ecosoundroofcare@yahoo.com

thanks again.

cristian

Cristian, I have an '84 Huntsman in the driveway. It's all charred inside, but I might be able to tell where the water heater is. It's under a rear bench next to the battery box in my Mini Cruiser.

If you get far enough south, check out Zihautenejo. There is a gravel lot just off the road parallel to the harbor where you could park your RV. I've been down there in each of the last 5 years.

Reefers that are not working need to be relit.