Kill A Watt watt meter

There was talk about power consumption in the tech thread so I thought I would post some info about the Kill A Watt P3 model 4400 power meter. This would be a great thing for those that do a lot of dry camping it will let you know exactly how much each of your 120 volt items use for power. It is about a 4”X 2” box that plugs into a 120 outlet and you then plug in your 120 volt load to it. It will tell you volts, amps, watts, volt amps, freq, and kilowatt hours. It has a ¾” lcd display that is quite bright and it is good for 15 amps. It is very accurate (.2%) and easy to use. I bought mine to look for parasitic loads in the house but it is handy for seeing just how much power you do use on a regular basis. My only complaint is not being able to use both outlets when the Kill A Watt is plugged in, it does block the second outlet. Doing a check on the web revealed prices from as low as $13.99 for the model 4400 to $40.00 for the 4460 (newer 4460 version has memory feature) Great tool if you really want to know about your current draws.

Doing a check on the web revealed prices from as low as $13.99 for the model 4400 to $40.00 for the 4460 (newer 4460 version has memory feature) Great tool if you really want to know about your current draws.

It'll be nicer if they made the newer version higher than 15 amp capacity.