Recommendation for a quality cleaning supply!

tweberglass

This weekend I decided to starting cleaning the outside of my new(old)Sunrader. It was quite dirty. I tried one of those new Magic Erasers from Mr. Clean. Believe me when I tell you.... you got to try these things. On the fiberglass it worked wonders. I cleaned one entire side of the camper with a rag and some soap. Most of the scuffs marks built up mold would not come off no matter how hard I scrubbed. I final tried the Magic Eraser after my girlfriend recommended it. It truly works like magic. With easy I could wipe away marks and dirt that I could not scrub of with the elbow grease I had in me. Well any ways I thought some folks would like a tip on a new cleaning product. They are a little expensive but are well worth it. Oh, I also used it on the canvas of my Chinook and it was perfect. It is now bright white all around.

I have taking a bunch of pictures of the entire pinstripe removing and cleaning process. I will download them tonight and try to get them posted.

Sounds good, how abrasive is the stuff?

Would be interested in finding out the best way to remove the old baked-on striping decals etc. I was going to try using a "judicious" amount of heat from a heat gun and a new razor blade. I look forward to your pictures. Also, what's the party line on cleaning off oxidized paint and wax? My guess is the first order of business is buying a low RPM buffer. I have also heard of using a marine product called Penetrol to revitalize the gel coat and seal it once it's clean. Anybody done this ?

Thanks,

ToyoGuy

This is all you need to know to get the stripes off

http://www.westendproducts.com/vinyloff.htm

As far as maintaining the gelcoat on your Sunrader.

I have found that 3M products give the best results.

Rather than copy/paste it all again here is the topic where I went over this subject....

http://www.toyotamotorhome.org/forums/inde...post&p=5879

The magic erasers on not abrasive at all. The have the texture of a foam ear plug. Super soft and smooth. The name magic eraser is perfect because when I first picked them up I thought they can't be that great they are so light and soft. But the just plain work. They wipe away dirt, grease stain, scuff marks almost anything I tried it on with ease. I used an abrasive sponge of a few spots with much force and could not remove the stains. The magic eraser remove them with a fairly gentle wipe. Not even a hard scrub. I used them on the fiberglass of my sunrader. Super happy. I also used them on the canvas of my Chinook and it worked so well I couldn't believe it. Anyways I am not a sales person for these things just trying to pass on the good word. Is for the pinstriping I think Moosepucky has the good info on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you guys for your speedy reply. I got sidetracked by an unforseen medical issue. It truely is a luxury having the benefit of another guy's sucesses ( and defeats) ;)

ToyoGuy