I am currently trying to decide whether or not to install a Hydrogen generator boost to the engine of my Toyota. It seems like the effect of doing so increases the burn of the gasoline, so that there is a more complete use of the fuel, therefore making milage figures increase dramaticly. I was going to install a turbo on the engine, but the Toyota dealer told me emphaticly that this would probably destroy the engine because it is already operating at a 10-1 ratio, which is high for any four cylinder.

My question is; I was wondering if any of you had done this addition and if it did anything to the rings and valves or any other part of the engine.

If this discussion has already been created here, I would appreciate a link to the post.

Thanks.

Tim.

P. S. The engine is a 22RE, in an '86 chassis, with 58 k miles.

Edited by Fupi

Let's see........................... One of my neighbors is now getting 55mpg in his 2006 Corvette,

another one is getting 26 in a rotary, in the next town over a guy is getting 40mpg in his diesel Dodge truck.

I could go on, but you obviously have a mind that is in a closed loop, so I actually am wasting my time dealing with the likes of you. NO?

Hello Fupi,

Who are you responding to? I do not see anyone asking questions?

Also, do you have and info (Company/Model) on the Hydrogen generator boost you

are talking about?

One of the major issues with a Hydrogen generator that you are going to have is

performance related issues. How does it regulate your gas/hydrogen mixture to ensure

max. performance? Also, woundn't a Hydrogen mix lower the over all performance vs

a straight gasoline source (talking HP not mileage)? The 22R engine is already working

near 100% to pull the motorhome along, any decrease in HP is going to hurt and be

noticed.

The first response was from Maineah I think, and he/she commented that the Golden Gate bridge was also for sale, which keyed response #2 from me, then they said HHO boost was snake oil and why would I be thinking of it since the auto companies hadn't used it. Frankly, it was totally annoying considering I asked a perfectly honest question from the git go. I see someone is able to obiterate posts here, which I tried but to no avail. Unfortunately, I am not a very patient person and don't coddle either rudeness or insults, either blatent or implied.

Now on to the subject at hand.

There are a few companies I have been communicating with, and one is in Canada. They have a stainless steel HHO generator that seems to be working just fine in both home and commercial applications, but I still hesitate since this engine is working already at full capacity.

Here is a link to one of the companies here in Arizona. http://www.hydrogenboostnow.com/index.html

and the one in Canada. http://www.savefuel.ca/hydrogen/smallprodu...?id=carproducts

Theoretically, what is happening is that the hydrogen is triggering a "full" burn in the power stroke, which increases performance of the fuel. The generator is sold with a monitoring device to "tune" the amount of fuel (read gas) which is injected on each stroke, therefore not using more gas but less. The power increases accordingly because of the increased effeciency of the burn, giving better performance and increased milage.

If anyone who can is interested, you may delete the snipping posts I felt necessary to place here today. They are not necessary since the other poster deleted his. What a mess.

Was not I Fupi. I know hydrogen stuff has been done but I don't know enough to comment about it.

I apologise for naming Maineah, they were obviously not the one that made this thread a nightmare for me.

I will from now on refrain from posting on this forum, as the management is too negligent in keeping people from making very disparaging posts on a whim, then coming back and flushing all the antagonistic posts out, making the originator look like a sap.

Good Bye.

I would not worry about it too much.

You will find bozos just about everywhere.

The problem is not running an engine on hydrogen. Its been done lots, if you get the timing curve right its a piece of cake.

The problem is running on both H and petrol at the same time AND making enough H to run a large engine.

Running on hydrogen has been done, I suspect that if it really worked the car makers would be using it.

The claim that it make the fuel burn more completely is challenged by the amount of unburned hydrocarbons at the tailpipe, a well tuned modern engine doesnt waste much gasoline. More horsepower, ifdeveloped will result in shortened bearing life both in the engine and the drive line. further your alternator may not be big enough to supply the H and will consume some of the extra HP (if any). Hydrogen is not a good fuel although it burns very cleanly it just doesnt have enough btu's.

A semi running on diesel uses 160 gallons per 1,000miles

On bio diesel 175 galls per 1,000

On Hydrogen 2,000 galls per 1,000

Now that fuel prices have shot up, the snake oil sales people are jumping in with fantastic promisses.

Caveat Emptor.

HHO boost systems CAN increase your mileage, but be very cautious of anyone claiming an increase greater than 40%. It'a a matter of chemistry and physics - you're not going to get more energy out of the HHO gas than it takes to create it. In reality, you will get LESS energy from the HHO gas, about an 80% return is considered the maximum using a modulated power source to create the gas, about 65% from straight DC power. The gain in mileage does not come from the HHO itself, but from a faster and more complete burn of the gas or diesel fuel when combined with HHO. Part of that more efficient burn has to go towards replacing the power used to create the HHO plus the 20% - 35% (depending on your method of electrolysis) lost in the conversion. What's left over is your mileage gain.

But there is lot more to consider.

First and foremost, HHO is a dangerous and explosive gas - remember the Hindenburg? Proper safety precautions must be taken. For optimum fuel efficiency your 22R will require about 2.75 liters of HHO gas per minute at highway speeds. Producing gas at that rate (without proper safeguards) it does not take long to produce enough for a significant explosion.

Next, dismiss any claims that an HHO system will not void your warranty. Even if the system can be removed and in no way modifies any part of your engine, it is considered to be abuse and will void your warranty.

The byproduct of burning HHO is water. The small amount of water created will not harm your engine while it is running, it is the time your engine is not running which can create a problem, especially in an older engine.

I've seen many claims that burning HHO will increase your oil life. This is chemically true, but what they fail to mention is that you will lose a small amount of in the more efficient combustion process, So, while your oil will not break down as fast you will undoubtedly have to add oil more frequently.

Pre-1985 22R engines look to be an ideal test for an HHO system, but these coaches are at a disadvantage. Unlike the cars used for your daily commute, your ToyHome sits for days, weeks, or even months at a time. This makes the engine vulnerable to two effects of HHO - excess moisture and insufficient startup lubrication.

Newer cars (computer controlled) create challenges and require a modification to handle the change in exhaust gas chemistry.

All that being said, it IS possible to increase your mileage. Double? I doubt it. 40%? Possible, but not likely. More probable with your gasoline 22R is about 30%.

If you're still interested, don't get scammed by those out there charging money for so-called complete HHO system plans. I'll be glad to direct you to free resources which will provide the same information.