Regarding charging system for the coach battery

Perilynn

Hi again, looking for a little more assistance--- okay here we go,

I have replaced all 3 breakers next to the battery and both breaker and isolator in engine compartment. And then I plugged in to house power to test if it was charging while running the bathroom fan and light- I noticed that the light got brighter when I plugged in and turned on the circuit breaker, then to double check I unplugged house power and noticed the lights and all were running off the battery just fine. However I left the system on for an hour or so and came back- now with coach battery connected there is no power (except water pump and monitor)---- lights wont turn on, but when I plug back into house power the lights turn on fine... Any ideas???

Thank you!

It did start working but we still want to find out what needs to be replaced- I plugged back into house power then connected the house battery terminals and turned on the lights and left them on while disconnecting from house power- The lights remained on and the 12 volt system is now working- would love to know why I can't turn off house power and have 12v system work. If no energy is being drawn from the 12v system, it wont switch over, why?? Thank you thank you!

When you replaced the battery breakers, did you wire brush the terminals? Also check with a ohmmeter to see if the terminals are corroded where they connect to the wires. When I install new crimp type terminals, I also solder them so that they can't corrode inside.

On the main breaker box, it's good to turn the breakers all the way off and back on again once in a while. A breaker can trip without going all the way off.

Also take the 12 volt fuses and slide them in and out to make sure that you have a good connection.

Check the battery with a hygrometer. I also use them to add water to the battery.

You know that the old style inverters don't do a good job of charging a battery.

Good luck