I was in the middle of nowhere and found that my V6 alternator belt had half of one side frayed off. I keep all spare belts. You have to remove the compressor and power steering belts to get at it. The compressor has a tensioner wheel that requires the hands of an octopus to get at. I think if I had a staggered box end rachet, I could have done it but I didn't. I took a risk and drove 60 miles to a Toyota dealer.

Any one have any tips on getting that air conditioner compressor belt off????

My kudos to Bend Toyota of Oregon who was reasonable, competent and got me in and out of there in one hour. I had them change all three belts. The place is run like a navy ship.

The compressor belt is not that hard. There is a plastic sheild under the front of the engine that is held in with 4 bolts. Remove that shield and the tensioning pulley is right there and easy to reach. Loosen the pulley and then loosen the adjusting screw.

If I had to replace the alternator belt, I too would probably replace all three at once since you have to remove the power steering belt and compressor belt to change it.