water pump

jrtoyotarv

It will if there is some air in the lines does it stay off once it's stopped? If it doesn't you may have a water leak some where.

Just make sure you have power to it before you replace it they are not too cheap. There is a switch inside that senses pressure I'm not sure about your pump but some you can replace.

Make sure the electrical connections on the pump motor are in good shape. Mine would get hotter 'n... because they had lost their tension . Check them out by running the motor an touching them. Be carefull, they can get HOT.

As mentioned before the pumps are not cheap, you dont want to throw parts at it. I had a travel trailer that the pump didnt work. I checked voltage to it and that was fine. For whatever reason I pulled a line off from it and put it back together and it worked fine with out a problem. Seems like it needed a prime or some how the pressure switch got reset from trapped air.

• 4 weeks later...

the pump should stop within a second or two when the faucetts are closed. If you ran the tank dry you could have introduced air into the lines ( i did that once - my pump would run on several times until the air was flushed)