wood repair product - Rot Doctor

FredNewell

Here's a product line that is used in wooden boat repair.  I've used it to repair old wooden house trim.  See the "Rot Doctor" website.  I have no special interest in the company, I'm just a customer.

If you're prone to overthinking things, see their website.  Lots of projects and info.

I tried it when I was trying to reinforce the very rotten floor in my Nissan Sunrader before I put down a new layer of plywood. It was thin and runny and didn't seem strong at all so I switched to regular 2 part epoxy. The epoxy wins by far

Linda S

But nice to see you back Fred. You do know we are neighbors right? I live in the Humboldt Hill section of Eureka

Hello Linda,

Cool neighbor!  I thought you were in the bay area.  I'm within a 15 minute walk to Grocery Outlet in Fortuna.

The Rot Doc 2 part stuff...It does have it's purpose.  I have used it and I like it.  I've also used minwood product but didn't get satisfaction.  Just now restoring an old wooden garage door rather than buying a steel unit.  This is just for a workshop out back.  Only gets opened a few times per year.

Linda,  I sold my Dolphin locally.  Nice young couple.  I think it may now be in Colorado, but when shopping at Costco and ENF I keep an eye open, hoping to see it.

If you want to see the Vista, I suppose it will be at Costco then ENF on Tuesday mornings once I get it CA registered.  Lemme know.  These vehicles do better when driven regularly.

One of these days, I may rescue an old Dolphin as a project.  If I see a cheap one in need of TLC.  But then I've found that being retired, I have time, but I don't get much done.  Slow and easy does it.  Grandkids and family rules.

Fred

Derek: Good to "see" you again.  I love Canada.  Married a Canadian from B.C.