92 Warrior converter/charger issue

hiker77

First Post!!  Recently acquired 92 Warrior.  Thanks in advance for the wealth of info on this site!     So, PO gave me the brand new battery he purchased in October last year.  He had it in his shop on a trickle charger when I took possession of it.    Hooked it up. Everything seemed fine for over two weeks.  Left the battery connected while randomly starting "projects".      Last weekends project was to run the Onan micro 2800 (that also has its own gas tank mounted onto the frame).  The generator seems to run great but will not power the roof AC.    Anyway, not my top issue at hand.     After running the generator for 45 minutes or so I shut it off and wrap up my work.  Two days later.  DEAD battery.   I repeated this process to run the generator some more and to charge the battery.   Next day, DEAD battery.   ???   Suggestions?    Converter/charger replacement seems wise and the likely culprit?    

Is this what I need? ......... http://www.bestconverter.com/45-Amp-Kit-For-6300-Series_p_46.html#.Xt1f2i2ZNQI

IMG_2815.HEIC

Generators with separate fuel tanks are sometimes not wired to the coach. Look for a 110 socket to plug in your camper shore power cord to. Should have a 30 amp RV style plug. Lots of times there's a cut off switch too. Mine has one net to my generator. Not an Onan but it separates the gen set from the house. Check the battery too. Is there water in there up to the line? A cheap trickle charger might put out more voltage or amps than it's supposed to and cook you battery.

Linda S

All of the generators have some kind of "isolator" it maybe just as simple as plug and socket. Others may have a genuine transfer system usually the ones that have a start switch in the coach it is possible the generator isolator system is either not plug in or has an issue with the automatic isolator system. The fact that the AC does not run might be a give away that it's not transfering. If it is not, the converter is not charging the coach battery either.