Generator with no spark

paulhey90

I have a 1983 Toyota Huntsman. I am slowly work on all the systems etc. I have a built-in Dometic DMC - 45 4000 watt Generator in it. Don't know if the rig came with that Gen or was installed after market. I had my mechanic work on it and the starter turns it over just fine but it has no spark to start it. We checked fuses, fuel everything we could think of. Even wondered if it had a "kill" switch somewhere.  Wondered if anyone had experience with this model. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's built in and looks like its original. Starting switch and meter in the cabin works great. A shame to yank it out and replace if it's just a minor problem. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Derek up North said:

I've never heard of one installed in a Toyota. 2500w, 2800w and 3000w, yes.

There are a couple of references on this site from people who had them. Looks like they are physically smaller than my 2.5 Kohler but a little heavier

Linda S

Thanks Derek from (The Great White) North for your reply. It would tend to make me think that this DMC - 45 was an aftermarket unit. I might have to pull it to work on it further. It's an '83 so who knows what has happened to this Toy since birth.

Paul