Click ping breaker box

Road warriors

Yesterday I hooked up my new inverter to my dolphin house battery so I can charge my laptop when I’m not hooked up. The installation went well and the invertor works. But I’m getting a click and ping noise now coming from the breaker box, i unhooked the invertor and returned wiring to how it was previously but I’m still getting the same. My switch board does not light up anything and water pump sounds tired when I turn on, lights come on but dip when the breaker box click ping every 20 seconds. When installing the inventor I struggled to fit wires through plastic gromit on the metal box where the auxiliary battery sits so I pulled away cork and moved grommet to make room for new cables. What did I do ? Iv unhooked it all to be safe because I smelt burning inside when I turned the engine on, Please help I’m powerless !

Click-ping is the sound a auto reset circuit breaker makes when it overloaded. So look for auto reset breakers and check their wiring.

They are usually a little silver box 1"x.5" with 2 wires going to it.

There is a auto reset breaker mounted on the outside of the battery storage in the rear of the rv. It felt kinda hot but the but the ping and click is coming from the breaker box. What could be the reason for overload ? I returned the wiring to how it was but it still does it. 

Edited by Road warriors

Check the breaker panel for an auto reset.

One lame thought...on most RVs the black wires going to the battery are +, the white wire is ground or  -.  Of course who knows how the POs have rewired things in years gone past. BE CAREFUL

=