Hello! 

Can anyone give me some idea of what tire pressures I’m supposed be running on this RV? It’s a 1978 Toyota Keystone, I think it’s like 17 or 16 foot long, manual, with the 20R engine.   I don’t have a manual for it and all the information I have it’s on the truck manual but I don’t think the tire pressures apply, because it’s an RV. Thanks much! 

(I tried and tried but the site won’t accept my pictures, for some reason.  Oh well)

You've got me there derek.  It doesnt look very different visually -- i guessed weights wouldnt be all that different but if its altogether different tire arrangement then i have no further ideas. its a very rare model.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:13 PM, linda s said:

What brand and size of tire. How old are they. Single wheels in back or duallies and 5 lug or 6 in the rear. Need to have more info

Linda S

I purchased new tires, they are Federal brand, commercial van tire.  It’s a dualie, I think 5-lug (I have to remove the hubcaps to check). 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:34 AM, neubie said:

A keystone

galaxy+10242012+603.jpg

looks no different than the small dolphin or other micros of the period.

Mine looks like this one, but the set up is different. It’s the same size but the door is in the back. 

Well I assume you know the problems with the 5 lug dually. Without spending a ton of money to replace it with a 6 lug your only alternative is to switch to single wheels in the back. Be good to weigh your rig but with one wheel in the back I would inflate the tire close to the max say 60 to 65 lbs. If you don't want to get rid of the dually at least make sure your inside tire is always 5 to 10 lbs more tire pressure than the outside one to take the stress off of the bearings. Say 60 inside and 50 to 55 outside. For the front 50 to 55 is good.

Linda S

6 hours ago, linda s said:

Well I assume you know the problems with the 5 lug dually. Without spending a ton of money to replace it with a 6 lug your only alternative is to switch to single wheels in the back. Be good to weigh your rig but with one wheel in the back I would inflate the tire close to the max say 60 to 65 lbs. If you don't want to get rid of the dually at least make sure your inside tire is always 5 to 10 lbs more tire pressure than the outside one to take the stress off of the bearings. Say 60 inside and 50 to 55 outside. For the front 50 to 55 is good.

Linda S

Thanks!  I’ll check to see how many lugs on the next opportunity. Good point.

15 hours ago, linda s said:

Linda S

I just found the tire brand and size - they are FEDERAL Ecovan ER-01 LT185/R14 102/100R 8 Ply.   On my other RV, the 1990 Toyota, I purchased some other ones from Discount Tire and they were like $110 each.  These Federal tires were $62 each including shipping - They have good reviews and the price is good.  I just hope I don't die in a fiery blowout accident.

6 hours ago, linda s said:

I'm familiar with your Federal tires. Good tires from what I've heard. Now it's just a matter of finding out what axle you have to know what to do next. So did you get the Keystone just cause it's old and cool?

Linda S

Yes! And because I belong to the "More Money Than Brains" club!