I have a 91 Winnebago Micromini (Toyota 1 ton chassis with duals.) I want to install overloads but I am not sure what will fit. It has blown air bags now, so I do not want to repeat that. I checked with the Super Spring factory and because of the way the rear torsion bar is, their overloads will not fit.

My local spring shop wants $1300 to "rearch" and add a leaf to the springs. This seems way too expensive.

So the question is, what I overloads fit this RV?

thanks

Larry

Put airbags back on. They lasted over 15 years, you going to keep it that long?

The big killer of airbags is driving then around with 0 lbs airpressure.

Other wise check out www.timbren.com

www.truckspring.com

Use one that matches what was installed on your Tot

The only decent air bags are the ones that go directly over the axle. The over the axle is a job and a half to install. Sunrader uses the good ones like the Firestone Ride-Rite. They're around $275. The ones that go in front of the axle over the springs are junk. People either love or hate air springs.

You can get two types of full length leaf helpers. One type you have to unbolt the spring shackle while the rear is jacked up enough to take the stress off the springs. Then you slide the booster spring in and re bolt.

There is another that fits right over the shackle. Both are 2,000 pound and cost about $36 for a set. I've used the helper leaves and was very satisfied.

When I bought my 1987 Sunrader the rear was sagging. I noticed it had air bags but they where not holding any weight. I crawled under the thing and noticed they ran the air lines over the exhaust, which needless to say melted the lines when they became low on air, or over loaded. I patched and rerouted the lines and so far so good. That could be a place to start checking on your's if you haven't already. I also replaced all my shocks with the "Rancho 5000" shocks, they appear to have a thicker piston and are designed for heavy rigs. On a recent trip I noticed it handles the bumps and potholes much better, no more bouncy, bouncy.