Linking two black water tanks?

Yostfmx

I had my holding tank out today on my 18' rader and was thinking, this doesn't look like a big tank, from what I can tell its only a 10 gal. I was thinking of getting a maybe a 10 gal. and putting it where the spare tire is and linking them together thur the clean outs with a "T". Would this work? It seems like if it has a vent on the tank it will full.

I'm not to clear on your concept here. You want to double your waste capacity, right? By putting a "T" in the clean out pipe ? It would work if it was vented. What I would do is install a "T" in the vent pipe for the present tank and connect it to the vent in your new tank. Is this what you had in mind ?

Yea but after looking a it I would have to go under the axle to get back there and doesn't look like it will work.

How long does it take for one person to fill up a black water tank (no sink water in it)? A week?

And on the 18' raders does the sink just drain on the ground? Mine had no grey water tank in it?

I am concerned by linking two tanks with a "T" connection, are you thinking they would balance out as one of them filled? I wonder what would happen if the "T" became clogged or blocked, I imagine that would not be fun to try and clear, maybe you are thinking of a large "T" connection to make up the overflow as one filled?

I just threw away a grey water tank for a 18 footer three weeks ago - bummer. The grey water usually sits across the back near the bumper. I took our shower and disconnected it from the black water tank and just stubbed out the shower with a hose connection on it. If you have a 18 footer you should have the black tank just in front of the driver rear wheels and the grey tank across the back with two separate valves. Our kitchen sink runs into the grey tank. The toilet and shower into the black. The black is small, I think 8 gals. We have always been concerned about it overflowing because of showers, the reason for removing it from the shower. After two of us take a shower we see in the bucket that we used a total of about three gals. I was looking at the http://www.earthroamer.com/index.html and they use a cool canister cartridge for waste water which can just be pulled out and emptied in the nearest toilet etc.

Greg

Yea but after looking a it I would have to go under the axle to get back there and doesn't look like it will work.

How long does it take for one person to fill up a black water tank (no sink water in it)? A week?

And on the 18' raders does the sink just drain on the ground? Mine had no grey water tank in it?

Well that suck that mine didn't have it. No problem I'm going to make my sink go into a 4'' leach line to the street. Only water...

Is there any composting toilets that use no power? Trying to get around the emptying black water, 10 mile trip one way from the beach + $10 or $20 to dump.

Here in Tx at the rest stops you can dump for free and also at camping world.Do you have either on your route.Or maybe at the house if you have a cap on your sewage pipe going to the city they are just like the ones at RV parks,just unscrew the cap put your hose in and drain it.

Composting toilets are readly avaiable all you need is about $1500.00