I can't find anybody that can give me info on how to get the axle center apart to get to the brakes. Any help would be appreciated. I've got it up and the wheels off but cant get the brake drum off the axle. I assume that the small 6 bolt center cap should come off but nothing works for me. The nuts are clear, I've hit it with PB Blaster several time and have a puller on it, but nothing happens.

You need a book... But here is sorta the basics

There are lock cones under the nuts, a puller just makes them tighter. Put the nuts on just a bit, take a slightly larger piece of pipe and smack it with a BFH.

If things go right the cone will pop out and the nut will trap it, do it 5 more times. There 2 threaded holes in the axle flange screw in a couple of bolts then slowly and equally turn them in and pull the axle

Edited by WME

Thank you sir! 

I'll try if right away.  There is a fair amount of rust on everything, I've been using PB Blaster on everything,  Somebody yesterday recommended brake fluid to cut rust.  Have you heard of this?  I'm  way behind schedule on this so far. 

You mentioned a book.  I haven't found anything that covers the Toyota 1 ton for anything.  I do have a Toyota truck manual but it's just for the smaller ones.

Well, now I have the axle out but I can't move the Phillips head bolts.  I've use a T handle with a #3 Phillips,  heated them and tapped them pretty hard and nothing seems to work.  Trying to drill them out and then get replacements seems to be a far out hope.

Any help...

Nice Vid WME, it would be great to have a library of youtubes like these for every operation we can perform to Toy Homes, again thank you WME

On 2017-04-16 at 2:36 PM, hekdic said:

Well, now I have the axle out but I can't move the Phillips head bolts.  I've use a T handle with a #3 Phillips,  heated them and tapped them pretty hard and nothing seems to work.  Trying to drill them out and then get replacements seems to be a far out hope.

If the heads are not stripped, do not drill them. You need to either pick up a good cordless impact gun (I like Makita) and a quality bit set (I like Milwaukee). Heat and oil several like you have been doing then tap several times with a heavy hammer, I use a 40oz snap on steel faced dead blow. Then attempt removal with the impact gun, easy does it, maintain firm pressure on the screw. If you are on a budget Harbor Freight sells impact drivers that you hit with a hammer and they rotate with the impact. These will break loose your screws, or strip them. But since you planned on drilling them anyways its worth the effort. Once you get one of the cordless impact guns your life will be changed. They do everything better than manual screwdrivers except fit in tight spaces. I basically use mine as a replacement for a ratchet if it will fit.