One Of Those Days

WME

Yesterday had an strange experience. I have a friend who run a wrecking/scrap yard and it was car crush day. I was out there looking for some parts for my Chevelle . While I was there a guy drove up in a Lexus SC400. He wanted to scrap it. It had a alternator/electrical problem, the local mechanics were talking $1200-$1500 to repair.

After he bought the car, I scored the seats, could have had the car for $500. Next up on the forklift, remove Enkie mag wheels, drain coolant, engine oil, transmission fluid, rear end oil and gas tank all in to their proper recycle barrel. Then drop it into the crusher.

WOW a 1UZ-FE with 95,000 on it, now its 10" tall and it was still warm.

Definitely a strange feeling. Good news is I now have a set of leather covered, 8 way electric bucket sets, maybe for the Chevelle maybe for E-Bay

Dave started with an LS400, the one I got the seats out of was an SC400 (4 door vs coupe). I think that the coupe seats would be better in a Pickup/MH because the backs fold forward.

The 1UZ was crushed?!?! Oh no!