Need spare dually rim. What is the bolt pattern?

Guest hiinthesky

I am searching for a spare dually rim for my 1987 Sun Land Express. 14 inch rim. The axle is a six bolt - full floating. I need to know what the bolt pattern, size is. I think its maybe 7.75. Does this sound right? Also is there a better solution to having two spares one six bolt for the back and one five bolt for the front. I have read other posts where people are talking about some sort of an adapter. What is that all that about?

Had a good time at the rally this year in Quartzsite. Enjoyed meeting everyone that attended. I learned a great deal as I am a newbie just bought the RV about three weeks before the rally. That Tika really knows how to throw a rally.

Bruce Kenney

Topeka ,kansas

Edited by hiinthesky

I'm looking for a dullie wheel also. the 7.25 seems correct. The bolt pattern are much larger than normal 14"

I seen a month or so ago someone had 6 for sale for around $150. If I find it again, I may purchase.

I figure if I can get a wheel for about $50 with shipping, that's probably a good price.

They make a spare carrier for the square rear bumpers. The front under in the norm position and the dual on the carrier. Some say don't worry about the rear but I disagree. We got a nail in a rear tire sidewall, non repairable on a Saturday eve. If I had not had a spare I would have been stuck as I had 200 miles to drive the next day (Sunday) to get home.

Here's an innocent question that maybe someone with experience can answer. Is there any problem using the standard carrier/hoist designed for a 5 lug rim with a 6 lug rim? I don't expect so, but just to confirm.

It might not work as the hole in the center of the 1 ton wheel is larger.

You need to modify the 5 bolt carrier. I just welded on a piece of 1" sq tubing with a 1/2" bolt, threaded through and welded on each end, 7.25" apart