Sunrader GVW question

I know there are a few threads of information regarding net weight of Toyota homes.

My question is this: I am currently dealing with frustrating provincial inspection rules and regulations.

A fancy garage I took my rig to a few weeks ago made a ridiculous to-do list before I can get passed.

I've been spending time/money going through the list. Arggggh.

In the meantime, I spoke with my insurance agent in anticipation of getting this all done, and she tells me that if the RV weighs more than 3501kg it is exempt from that inspection.

She says they require an 'official' piece of paper or something from the manufacturer with regards to weight.
I know that most of what I read here tells me that our Sunraders typically weigh around 6000 pounds, but can also get up into the 7000 range fully loaded.
Is there something on paper that I can use? Or is this a fruitless quest?
Thank you. Rick

Well, 3501kg is 7720lb. I suppose you could load it with lead (or gold) bars and get it to weight that much. HOWEVER, the Official 'Gross Vehicle Weight Rating' (GVWR) for Toyota motorhomes was never over 6000lb (2721kg). Your 1986 might only be 5500lb (2495kg).

Ok. Thanks Linda/ Derek. Thought I would give it a shot before I continue down this road.

Rick

Edited by canadasunrader
answers