1991 Toyota Winnebago - what transmission do I have?

Hello friends,

I picked up a 91 toyoda Winnebago with some transmission issues. Any idea what the automatic transmission is in it? I know it's got the V6. This is the VIN JT5VN94T3M0023452

The transmission will not go into reverse, and I don't think overdrive works either.

Thanks mates

2 hours ago, Huggi said:

Hello friends,

I picked up a 91 toyoda Winnebago with some transmission issues. Any idea what the automatic transmission is in it? I know it's got the V6. This is the VIN JT5VN94T3M0023452

The transmission will not go into reverse, and I don't think overdrive works either.

Thanks mates

Give the VIN to a Toyota dealers parts department. They can tell you the transmission that’s in your truck. 

8 hours ago, Derek up North said:

The V6 always has the A340E transmission behind it.

A340e got it. I'll start with fluid/filter maybe run some seafoam through there first. Then change out solenoids, if that doesn't work I'll go either used trans or rebuilt depending on cost.

Thanks

No electronic control for reverse the solenoids are only forward. Hope you mean sea foam trans tune however it won't fix a clutch pack. I would start by dropping the pan if it's full of brown gook put it back on and pull the trans.