1985 Odyssey

Newintown

Hey Everyone, 
My wife and I are considering buying a 1985 Odyssey. I have a few questions, and this forum seems like the best place to ask questions. I have been reading everything I can the past few days, and the information is great. 

1st: I was wondering if anyone had a list of what we should check prior to purchase. The entire engine was rebuilt in September, so I am primarily wanting to ensure I am not missing anything with the coach or frame. I am still trying to determine if this unit was a part of the recall,  and if so, if the issue with the rear axle was every corrected. 

2nd: How would I determine if this is an Americana of simply a regular Odyssey? 

3rd: What is the best way to check for rot or water damage in these units when inspecting the vehicle?

Any an all advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. I have attached several photos. My wife and I are hoping to purchase and refurbish a Toyota Motorhome for use on a road trip all over the US. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on wether or not this is a good candidate. 
Thank you!

00N0N_d61nBktIduZ_600x450.jpg

00W0W_6jG04fGOCEf_600x450.jpg

00I0I_fR7WcFUCZhv_600x450.jpg

00y0y_984EijOgD3I_600x450.jpg

00S0S_jLaBTK6qaJG_600x450.jpg

00M0M_jDwuDxV6fjZ_600x450.jpg

00h0h_k7VALompSQT_600x450.jpg

00j0j_7W1ZYi20d33_600x450.jpg

00303_ikPi85tzFgK_600x450.jpg

00b0b_8UwTcpD2Mzf_600x450.jpg

00101_5gKDv5PZLLx_600x450.jpg

00n0n_4BRoa0zeus6_600x450.jpg

00f0f_3ZcOChDb1D5_600x450.jpg

00J0J_fJYDBlOPiLZ_600x450.jpg

00k0k_cRNKkcjQwvC_600x450.jpg

00J0J_PufY74wjX1_600x450.jpg

man I miss that one we saw that had that awesome skylight and huge beachwood table in its rear dinette. That was one awesome rig. In fact that is the ONLY rig I would consider leaving my sunrader for.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am selling one.  My dream machine must go as I will no longer be able have it due to a move.  Its the ultimate layout and, in my opinion, the best Toyota Motorhome.  6'3" headroom. Massive rear windows... Check Ebay for Toyota Americana.

1 hour ago, Burgieman said:

Well I am selling one.  My dream machine must go as I will no longer be able have it due to a move.  Its the ultimate layout and, in my opinion, the best Toyota Motorhome.  6'3" headroom. Massive rear windows... Check Ebay for Toyota Americana.

Didn't you have a cute little trailer that matched you Americana. There's another member here who is specifically looking for an Americana. I will try to send him the info. He's close near Santa Rosa so yours would be perfect

Linda S

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, Tony Dobbs said:

It's not an Americana. The Americana has a fiberglass exterior.

Oh it's you Tony who is looking. The member selling the Americana on ebay has taken perfect care of this rig and he's close. Buy it. You won't find a better Americana anywhere. He's been a member of the Yahoo toyota-camper group for years.

Linda S

1 hour ago, linda s said:

Oh it's you Tony who is looking. The member selling the Americana on ebay has taken perfect care of this rig and he's close. Buy it. You won't find a better Americana anywhere. He's been a member of the Yahoo toyota-camper group for years.

Linda S

I actually saw that one and put in an offer... the problem is it's too perfect! ? By that I mean it's a bit out of my budget unfortunately. I was hoping to find one in need of some TLC, as I am rather capable, but this one doesn't need a thing... it's absolutely perfect!

Unless you want to loan me $2000 Linda? ?

2 hours ago, Burgieman said:

Not only is it the perfect layout of the perfect model, but yours in particular is the perfect RV. You have done an absolutely spectacular job with it, and I am not an easily impressed craftsman. I actually had put an offer in on your RV on ebay before seeing your post on here. Good luck with your sale! Someone is going to be buying a spectacular RV... hopefully someone on this forum!

Edited by Tony Dobbs

Low miles, long time experienced owner. It is perfect. Sorry we missed out on the one near me. I have been checking for you. If only you had posted your search sooner. Sorry newintown, I high jacked your thread. Just need to see the wheels with covers off to make sure that 85 has the correct axle.

Linda S