Hello all,

While working on replacing the leaf spring bushings on my 86' winnebago, ive discovered that the lug nuts on the left side rear duals are left handed threads. This discovery came at the cost of one broken stud and boogered up threads on the rest of the nuts.

I have managed to remove the broken stud. These studs do not install from the inside of the brake drum as most do. they pass through the front of what looks like an adapter mounted to the face of the drum. The stud has threads on the backside so that once its inserted into the hole, a nut and washer secure it to the adapter.

I believe this is a replacement axle fitted after the recall on the early inferior axles.

Does anyone know of a parts supplier that might carry left handed nuts and studs for these axles. The guys at NAPA are still scratching thier heads. Searching this forum i found where one person got the nuts from Toyota for $10 a piece (ouch). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Bama.

Hello all,

While working on replacing the leaf spring bushings on my 86' winnebago, ive discovered that the lug nuts on the left side rear duals are left handed threads. This discovery came at the cost of one broken stud and boogered up threads on the rest of the nuts.

I have managed to remove the broken stud. These studs do not install from the inside of the brake drum as most do. they pass through the front of what looks like an adapter mounted to the face of the drum. The stud has threads on the backside so that once its inserted into the hole, a nut and washer secure it to the adapter.

I believe this is a replacement axle fitted after the recall on the early inferior axles.

Does anyone know of a parts supplier that might carry left handed nuts and studs for these axles. The guys at NAPA are still scratching thier heads. Searching this forum i found where one person got the nuts from Toyota for $10 a piece (ouch). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Bama.

I ended up getting my set from a dealer in Michigan for around $6 a piece. You can contact them through their web site http://www.toyotapart.com/

You should replace all of them because all the threads are more than likely scrambled.

The part # for left ones is: 90942-01009

Double check this part # with your local Toyota dealer before ordering from the Mi folks. They don't do returns on special orders

You might call and get their current price then see if your local Toyota dealer will match the price.

Since you have to replace one stud you may want to consider replacing all 6 with right hand thread studs to avoid this issue in the future. This is what I would do if I had a broken stud on mine.