What am I getting into?

metaf5

In relation to the LED Flashers and non fixable cab air conditioners mentioned above

This flasher works https://www.amazon.com/3-Pin-CF-13-Electronic-Flasher-Signal/dp/B008C9YJ6C but it is not a direct plug in, you must make 3 jumper wires about 2 inches long with a flat prong type male and female end on each wire because the flasher will not fit into the Toyota receptacle. There is plenty of room outside the receptacle to let the flasher just hang there suspended by the jumper wires. I have this exact unit on both my Toyota truck and Sunrader.

I had a problem with my cab air conditioner, replaced the compressor but then found the indoor aluminum radiator like part "Core" to be leaking, so got one from wrecking yard, now works again.

I agree that 10 grand is too much, I was going along with a tentative "Maybe if it is a real cherry" until I heard about the wall leak... run, skip, walk, hop scotch, buga~loo, whatever.  am sure you will find the right unit for you if you keep looking, but I agree you should budget in a pretty good sum for repairs. Even great low mile rigs are still 30 years old.

I may mention a few things that has already been covered, but here goes. First is that it's good to know the Toyota based RV is overloaded before any personal stuff is brought on board. The one ton axle is a must for safe Toyota RV travel. The rear axle has timkin bearings that require clean and repack service. Seals and hub gaskets are needed to accomplish the work. It's not rocket science work, and if possible it's better to do it yourself and cut no corners. The 3.0 V6 is my preferred engine. It does fit tighter, but mine never let me down. It is a non-interference engine, so if you lose a timing belt there is no damage. I replaced my timing belt at 76K and it looked almost new, but had stretched enough to cause some noise. The new belt took care of that. Spark plugs require patience to change, but can be done in about an hour. I use NGK or Denso plugs,  I sold my 1990 on Ebay a couple years ago for 6200.00. I sold it in California which required a smog check. There are many other things I could mention, but time is short. One final thing, the Toyota RV does not respond well in snow or ice. It's heavy for it's size. I only drove south in the winter months.  

Edited by kuzbro