Need Pics of Chinook Pop Top

Yostfmx

So I need pics of Chinook Pop Top to see how it works what seals it and alround.

I have a 81 sunrader that I gutted, and ripped out all the crap I don't need, pumps heaters, wiring. I plan on living in it at the beach in San Diego. Only It looks like the citys going to pass a law that you can't park anything over night thats longer then 22' and no more then 7' hight. So I'm going to cut the whole top of the motorhome off and drop it to 7' (think it 8' now) Then take the middle rasied up part and turn it in to a pop top of sorts. I know, its a lot of work, but for free rent right on the beach in SD, It makes it worth it!

So if anyone has picture or thoughts about let me know!

What about finding a better parking spot not right in the middle of the city ? The pop tops are notorious for leaking (even factory ones after a few years) and that can put a real damper on the experience. It seems to me like you may be better off selling what you have and starting over, or even better, finding somewhere to go where what you plan to do is "legal"

You would be better off selling what you have and getting a Chinook or Sandtana rig

Cutting yours would involve the windows and give you to many leak points.

• 4 weeks later...