1977 Toyota Chinook Replacement Sliding Side Windows

Aric Beaver

Hi All,

All of the glass in my 1977 Chinook has been broken out. Yes, I mean all of it. Other than getting lucky at a junk yard does anyone know where to obtain the sliding side windows or the two front curved windows above the cab?

The cab glass is also broken but I purchased a Hilux for spare parts that has the cab glass.

E6Ikkuv.jpg

You probably don't need new windows. If the frames aren't damaged you just need new glass. Lots of places do RV glass replacement. The front overhead windows are probably plexiglass. Some boat repair shops do plexiglass work.

Linda S

One of the frames is slightly damaged but could likely fix it. I was thinking of replacing the side windows with plastic but the sliding functionality might be lost or otherwise leak.

The two front windows are plastic and I'll likely replace those with plastic too. 

You can try contacting Damon Krane over at the Yahoo-Chinook place.  He paid me to strip a bunch of parts off a 1977 Chinook I was junking.  I think he has all the windows.  He was just getting them as spares so he might sell them. I know the side-windows were fine.  The original front curved windows were plastic of some sort and were badly faded.

6 hours ago, jdemaris said:

You can try contacting Damon Krane over at the Yahoo-Chinook place.  He paid me to strip a bunch of parts off a 1977 Chinook I was junking.  I think he has all the windows.  He was just getting them as spares so he might sell them. I know the side-windows were fine.  The original front curved windows were plastic of some sort and were badly faded.

Are you referring to this group?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ChinookRV

Just sent a request for access. How much did he pay for the windows? ^_^

9 hours ago, Aric Beaver said:

Are you referring to this group?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ChinookRV

Just sent a request for access. How much did he pay for the windows? ^_^

No.  It's the Toyota Chinook group that Derek posted the link to.  I don't remember what Damon paid me but the windows were not sold as individual items.  I paid $275 for the entire Chinook. I yanked out the trans, engine, steering box, furnace, refrigerator, and converter.  He wanted the twin hanging bunks and the roof, mainly.  So he came and camped at my place, in his running Chinook and stripped whatever he wanted for one price. I have no idea what that was, but I'm sure not much.  

DSCF5004.JPG

DSCF5005.JPG

DSCF5007.JPG

DSCF5008.JPG

DSCF5009.JPG

DSCF5012.JPG

DSCF5013.JPG

DSCF5014.JPG

That is Damon, by the way, in the photos.  I am a lot older and less ambitious.  I still have the engine, trans, frig, and title sitting here in Michigan. If anyone wants a 77 title, I have it. It was owned by a woman who used it as a daily driver in New York winter salt and snow.   

title_front.jpg