Roof Leak in the bathroom closet

candace

We traveled in our little Huntsman for exactly four months from August to December. We never experienced water penetration of the roof until we were on the Oregon Coast when it rained heavily for days. The lateral windows on each end of the bed leaked. I could see a water stain directly above the bed at the seam where the front of the rv starts to curve. The worst area of penetration was in the bathroom closet. This area had leaked before we bought it.The ceiling wood surrounding the pipe that serves as a vent for the black tank is rotten and splintering. But the previous owner sanded the roof down to the metal and sealed with eternabond tape. It looks very well done up there.   So I can't figure out where the water is entering or what the first step should be in remedying the situation. When I stand on the roof, the area in the back above the bathroom feels weak.  I haven't seen water penetration in the front of the rv since the heavy rain in Oregon. Is it possible that the rain entered through the back of the roof and moved it's way forward? I've read on the forum that the windows leaking in heavy rain is common. I'm hoping I can seal the rear of the roof once I find where it's coming in from and then replace the panels of ceiling wood in the rear of the rv where the bathroom is located. I've attached some photos in case anyone can offer some advice. 

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_1057 2.JPG

IMG_1055 2.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_1058 2.JPG

IMG_0191 2.JPG

IMG_0187 2.JPG

The bracket near the vent looks iffy, there looks to be a pin hole in the vent stack caulk too.

I would definitely look at re-caulking around the bracket and vent pipe.  Also, I would carefully inspect the caulking around the running lights on both the front and rear.  I had a leak in my 89 Dolphin around the bed area.  After careful examination, I found the caulking had pulled loose around two of them allowing water to enter.

22 hours ago, scripalbert@gmail.com said:

I would definitely look at re-caulking around the bracket and vent pipe.  Also, I would carefully inspect the caulking around the running lights on both the front and rear.  I had a leak in my 89 Dolphin around the bed area.  After careful examination, I found the caulking had pulled loose around two of them allowing water to enter.

Thanks.. is there a specific caulk you recommend?

This stuff, http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/dicor-self-leveling-lap-sealant-white/32125

At most RV stores.

NO SILLYCONE

Edited by WME