Last July I purchased a 22 ft, 1984 Sunrader (Nissan) but probably on a Toyota frame with Toyota axle.  AND of course I just read the "axle facts" here on the discussion board after the fact! Does anyone know how to go about getting the rear 5 lug axle replaced with the proper 6 lug axle? I am just a little old lady who should have known better and I don't know where to begin to get this work done! Still livin' and still learning! Thanks for any suggestions.

A Nissan Sunrader would have been built all on a Nissan truck. It doesn't have a Toyota axle. Also if it is really a 1984 it already had a full float axle. Nissan came out with them before Toyota. If you can post a pic it would help but have you actually counted the rear lugs. If it really is only 5 I'm afraid your stuck. Almost no Nissan full float axles are available. Let me know after you check on it.

Linda S

No, I just moved/retired to Whidbey Island from northern Colorado. I bought my Sunrader there in Wellington, CO. It is in pretty nice shape too for 30 years old! Slow as a slug but I get where I want to go. And I could use a little better clearance underneath for getting on and off the ferry. I imagine you have a Sunrader too?

Yes, Whidbey is very "ooh" and "aah." And perfect for retirement! I feel lucky to be here.

Linda, I want to thank you again for your reply on the Sunrader. Believe it or not I counted what I thought were the lug nuts in the evening dusk light... silly me, there was a hub cap that has the impression of 5 lug nuts that was OVER the 6 real lug nuts!  I am so glad I went out and re-counted and looked a little closer. I had myself worried.

No problem. I have 2 Sunraders. A 1986 Toyota with the 4 cylinder and a 1986 Nissan with a V6. Both the short 18 ft models. I was able to adjust the front height on my Nissan quite a bit with the torsion adjustment. Yours is the 720 model so I don't know if it's the same or not. Also adding an air bag suspension in the back would give you some more height there.

Linda S

On 2016-02-14 at 11:04 PM, BAT Lady said:

Last July I purchased a 22 ft, 1984 Sunrader (Nissan) but probably on a Toyota frame with Toyota axle.  AND of course I just read the "axle facts" here on the discussion board after the fact! Does anyone know how to go about getting the rear 5 lug axle replaced with the proper 6 lug axle? I am just a little old lady who should have known better and I don't know where to begin to get this work done! Still livin' and still learning! Thanks for any suggestions.

Nissan/Datsun cab & chassis trucks for model-year 1984 have full-floating rear axles.  Like this 1984 Minicruiser.   I have some spare 6 lug wheels for one if you know anybody that needs them. I suspect they are pretty hard to find. Even harder than for a Toyota FF.

DSCF5172.JPG

DSCF5173.JPG