Newbe Intro

Fupi

Greetings........ I just purchased my first motorhome, a delightfully well preserved 1986 Toyota GranVille. I see from reading the forums that the GranVille is not a terribly common home, but when I went to look at the three that this gentleman had, it was the one in the best condition. The other two were very tired '89's, and yes, I know they were mechanically probably the best choice, but I am not into rebuilding the house portion of two very worn out Oddysseys.

The GranVille is of superb quality, and the only thing I must do is to replace one interior roof panel which has become de-laminated. The machine works famously, and while reading your forums, I find this one is probably up to snuff on everything.

Living in Arizona, I must deal with changes in altitude on a regular basis, so I now know why the overdrive doesn't always work, but I am not terribly interested in cruising at higher than 60mph anyway. (Just remember, now you are "the traffic") :ThumbUp:

Anyway, still haven't discovered which axle I have, or other issues which must be dealt with, but overall, it still looks like a very serviceable unit.

Thanks for being here on the net.

Tim.

Greetings........ I just purchased my first motorhome, a delightfully well preserved 1986 Toyota GranVille. I see from reading the forums that the GranVille is not a terribly common home, but when I went to look at the three that this gentleman had, it was the one in the best condition. The other two were very tired '89's, and yes, I know they were mechanically probably the best choice, but I am not into rebuilding the house portion of two very worn out Oddysseys.

The GranVille is of superb quality, and the only thing I must do is to replace one interior roof panel which has become de-laminated. The machine works famously, and while reading your forums, I find this one is probably up to snuff on everything.

Living in Arizona, I must deal with changes in altitude on a regular basis, so I now know why the overdrive doesn't always work, but I am not terribly interested in cruising at higher than 60mph anyway. (Just remember, now you are "the traffic") :ThumbUp:

Anyway, still haven't discovered which axle I have, or other issues which must be dealt with, but overall, it still looks like a very serviceable unit.

Thanks for being here on the net.

Tim.

Hey Tim glad you're here. YOu have the second one of those I've seen here on this forum. Welcome.