Christmas Lights

a2ndopinion

I bought two strings of lights (200 lights, 52' total length) to put around the outside of my Dolphin last night, but when I got home, it dawned on me that I hadn't thought about how to hang them. Any ideas?

PS - no offense intended by the word "Christmas" to those who do not partake in Christmas, but I refuse to call them "seasons", "winter", whatever. Just as I say Merry Christmas. If you celebrate something else, then reply with that, such as "Happy Hanukkah".

No, I haven't put an engine in it yet.

I don't know how well that'll work with Portland's rain and temperatures varying between 25 and 50, but it's worth a try.

Thanks!

I would use Command hangers by 3M. They release without leaving residue on the surface. They don't cost very much.

I'm thinking ornament hooks might work too. I'll be working on it this week, but am also wondering the best way to get power to them. I'm seriously considering installing a watertight outlet outside, wired off of the outlet on the dinette seat cabinet.

You could get creative with ropes and create a net system that drapes over the roof. Then hang the lights from that. No holes needed but I would anchor the rope to the luggage rack to keep it from shifting side to side. White clothesline will be plenty strong enough and invisible after dark.