Electrical issues

d.richey

For two weeks my 92 Warrior has run fine started up everytime with no issues. Last night for the first time I unplugged the electrical cord from its inside receptical and plugged it in since the battery in this recently acquired coach was very low or dead. I wanted to test out some systems. The lights worked the top a.c. worked and I left it plugged in overnight. Then I took it out for an extended errand trip today. However I did not plug the electrical cord back into its socket. I don't think I left anything else on. I went to start it back up after long errand trip and nothing. It made no sound did not turn over or click. Nothing. Then I plugged it back into the inside receptical and I did get a key buzz sound and some dash lights but nothing more than a click. I did not think that that was required I thought plugging it back into the internal receptical was optional. I know there is some issue with the radio working some time and sometime not so I know there is some electrical issue there. But I do turn it off and I do not think anything else was left on. I am surprised if leaving that unplugged would drain the car battery. Any ideas friends? Doug 92 Warrior

Hello Doug,

On my motorhome (90 Odyssey) I do not have a place to plug the receptical into, but it

sounds like yours might be required for charging the batteries while driving, and/or connecting

the coach battery up.

There could be a number of things that could of gone wrong with your electrical, truck battery

is at the end of it's life, the engine alternator is going out, battery connectors are loose or

corroded, your battery isolator is going out, ect. Also, open curcuits on any electric system

could cause issues, for example your electric plug might be been connecting with some metal

and causing a short/drain on the electric system, which sounds like might be been your truck

battery.

I would plug in your electric cord into the receptical, charge your truck battery up, take her

for a +30 minute drive and wait a few days to see if you have the same problem.

Good luck,

Dennis...