removing spare tire from underneath vehicle

d.richey

I wanted to have the tire man remove the spare tire from underneath the rear to see how that impacted my steering but I found no tool and the manual called for a tool and this Spanish speaking laborer did not know how to do it. I only refer to his ethnicity because I was wondering if he was less familiar with some of our gadgets. Is this really complicated and dependent on a tool that fits through a hole in the bumper. I did not see a hole in the rear steel bumper that holds the tank hose. Is that the bumper and if there is not a hole there it would seem that my spare might call for a different liberation mode? Anyone familiar with this and that could enlighten me. Thanks Doug

The spare removal tool should be in your tool pouch. If not, look around inside the coach or in an outside storage compartment.

It looks like this

http://www.toymike.com/sunrader/pics/spareCrank.jpg

Thanks Moosepuckey. I didn't know that ! I thought that was used for the jack. Dang. I cut off the holder on my spare tire lift with a cut off disk on my grinder. Well, I would have had to roll under the vehicle to use the tool anyway, so, oh well. I bought a spare tire carrier to fit in the hitch receptacle. It is now a LOT easier to get to the spare, and I used the space underneath to install an auxillary gas tank.