Hello all,

Is anyone planning a North East coast Summer rally? I plan on going from

Indiana to Nova Scotia to New Jersey, then back to Indiana this summer and

was hoping to find a Rally to attend.

Thanks,

Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis,

I haven't caught wind of anything planned but it would be nice to have one in down-east Maine or anywhere for that matter. If enough people respond mybe we can come up with something? I went to the Toy-In at Crown-point VT in Oct. and it was a blast.

Tim

• 2 months later...

I maybe going out on a limb here but I own 80 acres in south western Maine it is not a camp ground no hook ups just nice fields. We are near Conway NH and the White Mountains. The lower fields are on the Saco river but a bit rough to get to. I am in Canada May, July and early August (but not full time so I'll be in Maine also) so if there is some interest feel free to email me or post you thoughts on the web site.

Hello Maineah,

My Indiana to Nova Scotia trip is going to be from Thursday July 3rd to Friday July 18. We would be interested

in the weekend of July 5/6 or July 12/13 since we will be passing by Conway NH. If you can post locations of the

nearby dump stations, propane, and grocery stores it should cover most folks for a two day rally. To increase

the interest of others, it would help to post items of interest in and around the NH area.

Also, any chance do you have any suggestions on things to see in Nova Scotia or places along the way? This

will be our first road trip to the NE.

Thanks,

Dennis...

Well if we can generate enough interest either of those dates would work for me. There is a camp ground less then a mile from me that has propane and a dump station how ever the dump station is for there people only unless you don’t mind paying $50 to use it there is also a camp ground latterly across the street and I have no ideal if they charge or not. It’s generally cheaper to stay for the night. There is a general store with in a mile and a half with gas and groceries. I do know the owner of the camp ground (they have over a hundred sites) perhaps I could interest him in hosting a Toy in. www.woodlandacres.com nice place right on the river. I do not have a problem using my land but that maybe an alternative. Conway N.H. is about 15 miles away there is just about every outlet store know to man and an equal number of very nice places to eat. Good info about the region www.mtwashingtonvalley.org. The land adjacent to ours is a 5,700 acre wild life management area owned by the state of Maine lots of water for canoe or kayak and 2 1/2 miles or more of walk able roads. As far as Nova Scotia you are on your own I haven’t been there in 40 years but I would defiantly do Halifax. You can take the Cat (high speed ferry from Portland or Bar Harbor) to Nova Scotia I understand it’s a bit pricy but it saves a lot of time. Hope all this helps.

• 1 month later...

Um,

Hi, forgive me I'm a newbie here but would like to invite anyone interested up to NY:

I was planning something in Central NY (close by me to start out with) the end of this June at Tall Pines Campground in Bainbridge, NY...check out their website at: http://www.tallpinescampground-ny.com/index.html.

It will probably be my "maiden stay" with my new (old) Toyota. I could use some help figuring her out as this is my first Toyhome and I'm so excited but also somewhat nervous.

If anyone is interested by all means join us! Looks like it will be the weekend of June 27-29th. It's a nice place next to the river; good fishing, canoeing, etc...

Wish I had the time for MAINE, though! :)

post-1608-1210811391_thumb.jpg

Hello Toyfan23years,

I will not be in the area in June, but will be passing close to Bainbridge on my way back

in the July 14th to 17th time frame. I will be finalizing my plans this weekend. I will

contact you on the exact date and location on where I will be at near Bainbridge if you

would like to meet up to look over your Toyota.

Dennis...

:ThumbUp:

Hi Dennis,

I have to work those days but I get home by 5 pm - but hey I've got a BIG driveway; you're welcome to stay over and plug in here if you like and are on-route! Or whatever. I have a new job and don't dare ask to take any time off this summer until the Watkins Glen races... :)

post-1608-1210899422_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello ToyFan23years,

I ended up having some date conflicks and as a result had to change plans.

I may be in the area in August, but still trying to work out the details.

Thanks,

Dennis...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am going to Stowe VT. for a big car show they have every year, over 600 cars. I stay at Nichole’s campground, it is clean and the rates are reasonable. If you have the weekend of July 9th and 10th off check it out. Hope to see a few Chinooks and other Toy campers.

Tim