Hey All!

I am a new & happy owner of a 1982 Toyota Dolphin. This is my first RV so I have a lot to learn and could use all the advice and help I can get...

I know there is a lot of concern around having the upgrade from 5 lug to 6 lug axles, and I would like to get that done but the problem is, I don't know where to get the parts or where to go to get the upgrade done. The parts are the most difficult to find, what do I look for and how will I know it's compatible? I've called a few mechanics and they said that it's too much of a liability to upgrade the chassis to a 6 lug and that "they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole." What am I to do? I live in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks,

Nina

I so wish you had found us before you bought it. The axle upgrade might cost more than you paid for the whole rig. They can be found. Try www.car-part.com Easiest to search for 1990 toyota truck. Then put in your zip and part your looking for. Then it will ask what kind of axle and you click on 1 ton dual wheel and salvage yards that have them will show up. Oh put in search by distance on the first page too so the closest ones come up first. As for the install you just need to keep calling. Dolphin upgraded as many of their RV's as they could find so they thought it was a good idea.

Linda S

http://www.car-part.com/