My Decision - Ac + Genset

davidtan

Hi Guys,

I am thinking that the set up of a Coleman Mach 8 9,200 BTU unit & a Honda EU2000 generator is the best . I was originally thinking the Mach 8 13,500 and a Champion 3,100, but I would have a hard time finding a place for the genset (I would need to build a box of the back). I think the 9,200 should be plenty to cool that little RV. My only concern up to now is that I cannot confirm that the Honda 2000 can start the 9,200 AC.

Any opinions much appreciated...

Great way to go. The poplar thinking is the 9200 btu cub is the lowest user of electric. It's not!! The Coleman 11,000btu Power Saver uses less electric than the cub!!

Jim

+1 on what jjrbus said, my research concurs that the coleman mach 1 power saver edition is the most efficient and should run off the 2000 eui. Make sure you install a supco capacitor to get past Locked rotor

I would do a bit of research before I put a capacitor in a very efficient unit!! Also the supco that is being hyped is capable under the right conditions of burning out the compressor! The internet is a wonderful place full of misinformation!

Jim SW FL