Sunrader Interior Customizing

I measured the angles of the tilt of the sides of the shell today. My 1980 18' Sunrader is fiberglass that was laid up in a molds one for the upper half, the other for the lower half. In order to be able to easily pull the sections out of the mold they create an angle on the sides of the pieces in the mold. If you are creating custom cabinetry for one this information something handy to know.

Along the length of the vehicle the walls tilt at a 2 degree off of the vertical on both the upper and lower halves. On the rear wall the upper half is tilted at 4 degrees off the vertical. I did not measure the lower rear wall because there are quite a number of various angles on that surface but at the top of the seat base I do have the 4 degree angle change relative to 90 degrees vertical to the top of the seat base.

I wanted to know the angles so when I cut trim moldings that go on the counter at the edges against the wall I can tilt my tablesaw blade to match and have the top and bottom edges parallel to the counter top surface.

I also wanted to know the angle for when I create my upper cabinets. Along the long sides I can cut the cleat that goes against the wall at 88 degrees to match the tilt of the wall and for the cabinet at the back I will cut that cleat at 86 degrees. Knowing these angles will also help with laying out end panels on the upper and lower cabinets.