Fresh Water hookup

SanDiegoPaul

By the shower in the far, back corner under the motorhome I found a water connection for a hose. What is it for? Are you not supposed to use the water pump water in the shower? Sorry, I don't have a clue...

That is a direct hookup to fresh water, meaning you can use all the water you want without draining whats in your fresh water tank. Just remember that your gray water holding tank doesn't inrease in size when you are directly hooked up to water and so it'll fill up much quicker. It is great for showering though, you can stay in the shower until your hot water runs out, but you'll have to quietly spring a leak into the bushes with your gray water. :)

That is a direct hookup to fresh water, meaning you can use all the water you want without draining whats in your fresh water tank. Just remember that your gray water holding tank doesn't inrease in size when you are directly hooked up to water and so it'll fill up much quicker. It is great for showering though, you can stay in the shower until your hot water runs out, but you'll have to quietly spring a leak into the bushes with your gray water. :)

Thank you for that! Sure seems that on an old MH though, one would need to be careful. Wouldn't the pressure of a garden hose pop fittings and hoses that are used to a 12V pump?

Hi Paul - Hooking up to an external fresh water source should be no problem. I use a pressure regulator on the hose set to 45 PSI. The first time you do this though, turn the water supply on to pressurize the system, and then shut it off and check everything for any leaks. Also, the pressure in the system when hooked up to an external water supply should keep the pump from coming on.

Bill