I have a quite new axle (one ton floating with rims, brakes) that has less than 8000 miles on it. It is a 4:10 and I had it on a '79 Dolphin (manual 4 spd. 4 cyl.22 R) and I would like to swap it out on a '92 Winnebago Warrior that has 230,000 miles on it (new engine but original rear end). Will it work? The Warrior is a 3.0 6 cyl. with automatic overdrive.

If your wheels have 3 hand holes it is the same axle used on the Winnebago. Unfortunately the axle on

the 79 had to have the shock mounts and spring perches moved because it originally came with a narrower axle. You going to have to have them put back to the original placement and that takes some welding.

What is wrong with the axle currently on the Winnebago.

Linda S

I have a quite new axle (one ton floating with rims, brakes) that has less than 8000 miles on it. It is a 4:10 and I had it on a '79 Dolphin (manual 4 spd. 4 cyl.22 R) and I would like to swap it out on a '92 Winnebago Warrior that has 230,000 miles on it (new engine but original rear end). Will it work? The Warrior is a 3.0 6 cyl. with automatic overdrive.

The pinion flange where the driveshaft bolts to will be different. So will the width (distance) between the spring-perch mounts. So will the shock mounts.